Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rented a boat slip at Hiawatha Resort in Buffalo Cove on LOZ yesterday. Should get-er-in tomorrow!

I know Mailman has some background in that area. Does anyone else have any fishing knowledge of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I used to guide in that part of the lake quite a bit, what ya need to know?

I might start by telling you if you run upstream from there, find the old river channel, know it, use it. From there up to around Turkey Creek can be kinda trecherous. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DSG; It is all going to be Greek to me so anything is good and thats a good start , Thanks. If you want to take a few casts in your old stompin water your presence would be very much welcome and apprieciated here and aboard!;)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I'll take ya up on that Snowman! Thanks!

That area is a GREAT area for trotlining. Prolly some of the best catfishing to be had anywhere. Great spoonbilling too.

The crappie and bass fishing is really good in the spring on the spawning banks in the area. Bass fishing can be pretty good this time of year on the isolated brush. Crappie fishing is pretty tough this time of year. Then in the fall the bass fishing and white bass fishing gets good again in the backs of the coves and on lay downs/chasing shad.

But the catfishing is pretty much always good. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very flexable (Time wise, Snowmen my age don't bend well) So at your convienience lets get on the water. :eek:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Sounds good! I could prolly drive to your place almost wiffout directions. I looked to buy an 80 down there about three years ago just up the road from the little "ramp" back in the back of Buffalo on the west side.

Another of the stupidest things I never did, din't buy it. It's worth prolly $250 more an acre now than I coulda bought it for. :bangin:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, Dats what dey call hinder site EH! We would all be rich if............................we had:moon: Site!

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i used to rod and reel alot of catfish down there,to me it was even better than at warsaw.my best was a 62 pounder ,that was a blast.it shouldn't be to hard to learn it.just wander out there at night and look for the boys with the big rods hanging off the side of their boat.they know where they are at.pretty soon you will having fish frys every other day :hysterical:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.