Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took me a while to hog out the stock on my 77/17, but the green mountain barrel was well worth it!

anybody wanting to switch out a barrel on a ruger might want to check out Green Mountains website....

gmriflebarrel.com

i got a two-fer deal through their internet special... 1 stainless fluted bull barrel in 17.... and 22 mag! all for the price of one!

[file]7322[/file]

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
jbman, i bought the G.M. sporter barrel in S.S. it has the same fluteing but follows a factory taper but a tad heavier, modest sanding was all it needed. i had a guy give me a .22 wmr barrel for my ruger but i haven't tried to use it yet as i'm haveing too fun with the .17
b.t.w. my G.M. barrel has a definate prefance for the TNT and hornady 17 gr vmax. it didn't care for the remington much but the hornady 20gr xp was alright.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
hey jb, have you replaced the sear and spring on that rascal ? i did mine and it brought it down to around 2lb. i didn't go with the 80.00 adjustable one that would have taken the creep and overtravel out i just bought the 25.00 deal from midway.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, i let my favorite gunsmith take care of that, he stoned and polished that bad boy down to around 2 lb for 20 bucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.