Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you're all aware I've been looking for writers to get the article program restarted. I published our first today, Confessions of a Longbow Junkie.

https://www.missouriwhitetails.com/articles/confessions-of-a-longbow-junkie.93/

This article is by dhaverstick and covers his yearning for a new longbow. It also has some great images of longbow wood so be sure to check it out.

dhaverstick has been upgraded to supporting member for one year for helping us out, and I look forward to hearing more from him.

If you want to write for our community, please express interest in one of my threads, or contact me directly. We're looking for articles covering anything outdoors. Hunting and shooting. Archery and camping. Missouri Laws and Regulations. Anything on the MDC. Really if you want to write about it I'm sure someone will want to read about it so I implore you all to give it a shot.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks again to dhaverstick for his article, Confessions of a Longbow Junkie!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,742 Posts
Nice read Darren! :tup:

Reactions: MOAdmin

·
Administrator
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad someone with experience and expertise was able to contribute to the traditional side of archery.
I really liked that too. I'm a backyard archer with a cheap bow and a quiver of cheap arrows, but I want to advance and would love to have more stories on how people do that. I could look at bot reviews, but I'd rather learn more about it before I spend that much money.

·
Registered
69,277 Posts
Mike Dunnaway and I had a long talk at the Festival last February....he makes a great feeling bow and I think I shot most of the ones he had on display that weekend. More than likely he will be making my next laminated bow. :tup:

·
Administrator
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike Dunnaway and I had a long talk at the Festival last February....he makes a great feeling bow and I think I shot most of the ones he had on display that weekend. More than likely he will be making my next laminated bow. :tup:
I would be very interested in you writing a bow story. Any dynamic about bows would do. Would you be interested? If so let me know and we can nail down a topic together.

·
Registered
69,277 Posts
I would be very interested in you writing a bow story. Any dynamic about bows would do. Would you be interested? If so let me know and we can nail down a topic together.
Lets get through this season with me using a self made selfbow using hand made arrows and self made flint arrowheads first....then we can talk.

·
Administrator
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lets get through this season with me using a self made selfbow using hand made arrows and self made flint arrowheads first....then we can talk.
Dang. That sounds interesting. I would like an article about how you accomplished all that. Sounds more like three articles, but however, you want to do it is up to you. Did you want me to follow up or wait to hear from you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts