new additions to the family

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by psycho, Feb 4, 2006.

1. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    Here are the new babies. The ruger is my daughters 10/22 i bought for her because she was born on 10/22 of 03 and the second one is what i bought today. it is a New England arms Handi rifle in a 204 ruger.
    I dont know how many of you know about the local radio auctions they have around here but i bought 2-$100 certificated for $65 each week before last and another 2-$100 certificates for $60 each last week. With the 1st 2 i bought my lil girl a Rossi 22/4.10 combo. it is shorter and a single shot with 2 barrels, i think it will be easier for her to shoot then the 10/22. (plus i will shoot the 10/22 in the mean time:banana:
    I bought the Handi rifle with the other 2 certificates so i have $120 in the gun. It has a bull barrel and weighs a ton. I am going to put one of those " Hubble telescopes" on it like i have on my . 17 HMR.
    What i wanted to ask before i started babbling was can i buy different barrels for the Handi rifle, or do i have to send it in like ive heard and have the company "match" a barrel for me ?

2. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Good investments--especially for the young ones!:cheers:

3. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    nother pic

forgot to mention the gift certificates were to a local gun and pawn shop. I also bought 4 rounds of golf a $140 value for $85 and another $50 cert. for $35 to a billiards shop. There was a lot of good bargins on the radio.

4. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    :cheers::cheers: Sweet.........

5. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    NC
    Wow sweet rifles! Bet them'll drive some tacks. :sniper:

6. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    The H&R barrels will require fitting at the factory, but they aren't expensive, and turnaround time isn't too bad, depending on the season of the year.

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Nice newbies there!

8. psycho

psycho New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    pulaski co.
    yeah i just found a artical about it. has to do with "head spaceing" Thay sucks :whinging: I thought i could just slap a new barrel on and go.