Never been much of a believer in coincidence.

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by pinwheel, May 29, 2009.

1. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    In the last 23 years that Jenny & I have been together, we've tried to take the attitude of do the leg work & leave the results to the man above. This has served us very well over the years & again, we're seeing the fruits of our legwork & his blessings.

4 1/2 years ago, we found ourselves with enough work & savings to be able to start looking for our slice of heaven. So we started shopping for a piece of property. We looked at 80 acres & made an offer on it. We were turned down flat. Wasn't what we really wanted, but we felt we could live with it. Little did we realize, what a favor he had done us by saying no. Within 2 weeks, our realtor contacted us about the property we ended up buying. It was listed with one realtor only. No signs in the yard that it was for sale. Found out later, several neighbors were trying to find out how to get hold of the seller because they were interested in buying the farm. Coincidence? Maybe, but I choose to belive differently.

Every since we acquired our farm, it's been our dream to spend the rest of our lives living there. I've made a lot of plans on just how to go about it, but each time, it seems like the answer has been no. Last fall, we approached the old man we bought our farm from about buying the house that we couldn't afford 4 1/2 years ago. He wasn't ready to sell, but promised us first refusal.

About a month ago, I took my tractor back to the farm on a Sat evening. We were dog tired & didn't really want to go out there that night, but something told me I needed to. Being neighborly, we stopped in to say hey to old Bill, since he was in for the weekend. Nearly the first words out of his mouth were, "I think I've got my house sold" :eek::eek: You coulda hit me with a sledge hammer & I wouldn't have been more shocked.

After some fast talkin & a better offer than he had been offered that very morning, he agreed to call the other guy & honor his agreement with me from last fall of first refusal.:bowing: We were in the process of getting ourselves financially ready to make a move this year, just didn't plan on it being in the spring.

Being self employeed in the construction industry,early spring is not typically a time of plenty of work. But for some reason, this year, we've had lots of work & they all seem to be big jobs with lucrative paychecks. Our heavy workload typically starts in May. This year, it started in Feb & hasn't lightened up yet.

2 weeks before Bill accepted my offer on his house, my neighbor sold his property at public auction. It sold for 175% of what we paid for our farm 4 1/2 years ago. Easily enough equity just in our farm alone to cover the cost of the new home.

I've been really scared to get too excited about or talk much about our new home. Scared of jinxing somethimg.:peepwall: Well, I'm gonna take that risk now & get excited & share with my friends, because at 4 pm today, we're scheduled to close.:woot::woot: Appraisal finally came through, loan has been approved, insurance is in place. We'll be finishing a big job today that will easily cover our downpayment & leave enough to pay this months bills.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I choose to believe differently. I believe we've done the legwork & the answer was yes.

God answers prayers, but sometimes the answer is NO. I'm just glad that he said yes this time.:bowing:

2. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    God loves you Pinny. We here share your joy. Good things come to good people.

:cheers:

3. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    :cheers::cheers:

Congrats Pinwheel, good things happen to good people and I am excited for you and Jenny

4. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!

You deserve it sir!!!!!!!!!:woot::woot:

Congrats!!:cheers:

5. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    Well, I sure don't believe in the stuff about God answering prayers and such but I am really happy for you guys. I know you've worked hard towards this and I'm glad it worked out. You guys probably have one of the nicest places I've been too, a little slice of heaven for sure. Just remember to save a spot on the couch for your old buddy Leo come deer season.

6. lma

lma Active Member

:woot::woot:...........He has a reason for making us wait. Although it may not seem so at first, as we look back it was for the best, and I'll attest to that. Good luck to you and Jenny, PW!

7. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    That's awesome PW! Congrats, nothing like livin the dream!

I'll have to swing by and check it out some day..... Just let me know when Leo will be there, so I can plan my trip around that.... He told me he was gonna wizz in my Whiskey bottle the other day, and I've wrote his name down on a piece of paper, and put a line through it now.....:D

Congrats again......

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Congrats Pinwheel!
    I hope to make it up there one day finally for a visit. :eek::

9. cummins5.9

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    [rquote=1279131&tid=89508&author=callaojoe]That's awesome PW! Congrats, nothing like livin the dream!

I'll have to swing by and check it out some day..... Just let me know when Leo will be there, so I can plan my trip around that.... He told me he was gonna wizz in my Whiskey bottle the other day, and I've wrote his name down on a piece of paper, and put a line through it now.....:D

Congrats again......[/rquote]

Ouch, man.

10. winger

winger Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    ain't it the truth brother. congrats. i know after our first child which there were complications with we tried for years for a second. finally we got he hint that it wasn't to be. still had fun trying though.:D tried adopting for years after that and always ran into a wall. few years back i said the heck with it, we were blessed with our daughter and there are a lot of people who don't even have that. if the good Lord wanted it to be it would happen and if not we are no less blessed with our child. by the way, my son turns 2 in August. :cheers: funny how when you try to stop driving your life it gets driven for you.

11. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    [rquote=1279137&tid=89508&author=cummins5.9][rquote=1279131&tid=89508&author=callaojoe]That's awesome PW! Congrats, nothing like livin the dream!

Congrats again......[/rquote]

Ouch, man.[/rquote]

You started it.....:peepwall:

12. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1279136&tid=89508&author=rat]Congrats Pinwheel!
    I hope to make it up there one day finally for a visit. :eek::[/rquote]

Thanks everyone.:cheers:

Paul, CJ & everyone else, we're planning to have a GTG sometime this summer for MWT members. 10-15 3D targets, clay birds, fishin in the pond, plenty of room for camping. Sure hope you guys can make it up.

Leo, there's always a spot for you on the couch. Not sure I've got a tree stand with your name on it though.:rof2:

13. cummins5.9

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    [rquote=1279160&tid=89508&author=pinwheel]

Leo, there's always a spot for you on the couch. Not sure I've got a tree stand with your name on it though.:rof2:[/rquote]

Ouch, man. I guess I'll just bring my own. I just hope it isn't too cold and you back out again.

Pinny ------->:whinging:

14. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1279165&tid=89508&author=cummins5.9][rquote=1279160&tid=89508&author=pinwheel]

Leo, there's always a spot for you on the couch. Not sure I've got a tree stand with your name on it though.:rof2:[/rquote]

Ouch, man. I guess I'll just bring my own. I just hope it isn't too cold and you back out again.

Pinny ------->:whinging:[/rquote]

I just hope there's time to actually hunt this year. We'll get ya up to hunt, I promise. Heck, if you're nice to me, I might even put you in a good spot this time, like I did parker.

15. callaojoe

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Sounds good PW....:2thumbsup: Hopefully, it'll work into a very busy summer schedule for me..... Football is already starting to kick in for me....:D

16. cummins5.9

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    The difference between Parker and I(besides the obvious size difference) is that I'm not shy about shooting your big bucks.

17. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

That is great Pinwheel!!

nuttin like living on the land you hunt/care for!!

edit
    P.S. Give Jenny a congratulations hug for me. ;)

18. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    Thats Awesome Pinwheel.

congrats on a very nice farm.:cheers:

19. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    [rquote=1279169&tid=89508&author=pinwheel]Heck, if you're nice to me, I might even put you in a good spot this time, like I did parker.[/rquote]

Don't do it man, don't do it, Cummins is a big fat meanie .

20. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1279200&tid=89508&author=blevely][rquote=1279169&tid=89508&author=pinwheel]Heck, if you're nice to me, I might even put you in a good spot this time, like I did parker.[/rquote]

Don't do it man, don't do it, Cummins is a big fat meanie .[/rquote]

I forgot I had already put you in the hottest spot on my farm. You just couldn't get your butt cheeks unclenched long enough to realize it.:rof2: