Nest predator removal thread.

Discussion in 'Trapping/Furbearing' started by henry, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    That may be, but Im confident that our areas overall phr wasnt that much lower. Maybe 4-4.5 ish. These things at this scale are merely trends, not actual complete pictures.

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Yes you did. Just now again. The response didn't answer my question. I told him that. He then verified what the question actually was and then didn't answer until the 22nd.

I don't care hawk. I'm not going clear through this with mwts village idiot again. I don't care what the village idiot thinks. I didn't and still don't care what a guy researching coyotes in sc thinks. I know he has said his research just has him asking more questions. I know he has admitted they don't know how many coyotes there are. I know all his research has actually shown is that 30% of the coyotes they are studying were transient. Everything else you have posted of his isn't proven by research. It's his opinion of what having transients might mean. Here's what it means. 3 out of 10 dead coyotes didn't have a home when they got killed. Lol

3. henry

How the hell can somebody be confident in their guess at a phr when they only observed 2 days out of 61 days ?? Lordy lordy. Lol.

4. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    No one said they observed 2 out of 61 days.

5. henry

You better look at those cards again. Lol

6. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Those cards dont have august, and they dont have days I was there but didnt see any turkeys.

Again, thats how this statewide survey is done. There isnt a minimum days to observe. And once I was able to get to the farm consistent I saw far more birds.

7. henry

So you had a huge world record hatch but only saw birds 2 days out of 61. Lol

8. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    I was onky at the farm maybe 6, and out of those only 2 were mornings in good spots to see birds.

Dont drag this out to try to distract from your dishonesty.

9. henry

I'm not the one being dishonest here . My turkeys aren't camera shy. I posted several pictures through the course of my poult survey. I didn't just make up a number at the end to one up somebody. Lol

10. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Neither did I...

I didnt lie about receiving and answer to an email and then get caught in that lie red handed either....

11. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Hawk i will stand up for you . Your results were just what i thought they would be. they are totally in line with you talking with and emailing experts and getting totally different results of what they said.
    SUCH DELUSIONS AS REMOVING NEST PREDATORS WILL DO NO GOOD BECAUSE NEW ONES WILL COME AS SOON AS YOU REMOVE ONE. if all else fails giant snakes will destroy the eggs. etc, etc, etc, etc.
    I do wonder about one thing thou. If your habitat is so superior how could you get a accurate count of the tiny pouts.

12. henry

Sure you do. You have several times. Just like you got caught yelling the same lie you just told about me reviving receiving a reply to a question. But you are a compulsive liar so you have to keep doing it because you don't have the ability to shutup. Lol

13. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Good question. Thats probably why I saw so few until we went in and worked ground for fall food plots.

14. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Ive not lied once. Henry did receive a response, but lied repeatedly and said he didnt.

#SCIENCEDENIER

15. henry

Shutup and play with your blocks hawk. Lol

16. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    What blocks?

17. birdman

birdman Active Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Surveys like this aren't intended to predict the exact hatch in a small area. Rather they are intended to give an overall view of the region. Many participants are going to get lucky and just happen to see more poults/hen than the actual hatch, but there will be just as many who are unlucky and will mostly see just hens with no poults. But when you average them together you can get a very accurate estimate of the overall hatch. The more people who participate, the larger the sample size and the more accurate the results will be.

18. henry

It has been an incredibly accurate predictor for alot of years.

19. birdman

birdman Active Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Good point. Can you tell how many poults this hen has in our lousy habitat? july11-14-2017 (8).JPG