Nest predator removal thread.

Discussion in 'Trapping/Furbearing' started by henry, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Eric Rudolf

Eric Rudolf Active Member

Sep 23, 2013
    [QUOTE="hazelvillebucks, post: 3334379, by removing coon to the degree of 320 per square mile you have coon at the density of 320 plus per square mile.

2. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    Not hawks story, the biologists foing the studies story.

My PHR as of today (still need to pull card tomorrow and analyze the last 2 weeks) was 6.5 poults per hen. Saw 7 of last years jakes as well.

3. hazelvillebucks

hazelvillebucks Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    If you are going to one up me you have to have better nesting success then 11/14. And you have to have gotten there from 0/17.

4. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Ive not seen a hen without poults on our farms. Not saying there werent any, but none were observed.

5. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    With all that rain and flooding this spring ,,,,Stop it ;)

Hawk likes this.
  6. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    apparently the egg sucking snakes were not water snakes. I WONDER IF HE REALIZES HE IS proving his arguments of the last 19 months are bull ****.

7. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    Maybe it took the hens with it...

8. Hawk

Oct 15, 2009
    How so??

9. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Swivels are here. I maybe should have ordered a size smaller. I will have to put one in a chain to see if they are going to work. If not I will order smaller ones and save these for future bob cat traps.

10. hazelvillebucks

Oct 28, 2014
    your deceptive arguments are like the tines of a octopus. you claim that to remove a limiting out of control pest it will be do no good because other predators will just get more. . to clean a small area does no good because others from the outside just move in. YOU TRY T0 USE STUDIES where predators are removed but there is no quantification of the population densities. you are unable to look at charts that are long term and statewide and see the stories the numbers show. ONE OF THE FIRST THING SCIENCE IS SUPPOSED TO DO IS EXAMINE THE DATA TO FIND PLACES TO LOOK FOR ANSWERS.
    WE HAVE TAKEN YOUR FACTIOUS MYTHS AND BUSTED THEM JUST BY THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE OUT OF CONTROL SMOKING GUN VARIABLE. while weather people do not get the weather right very often i would also recommend that you look for a different form of work. I would think that the mission of this forum more along the lines of what to do to make our precious resources better not to be a place to keep the lights of real knowledge and the solution to real problems from reaching the members.
    A SUBSET OF Missorians is those who carer about our precious resources and are not in the mood for such B.S.

11. yankee

yankee Senior Member

Henry.. if you stake through the springs on both sides right next to the jaw swivel points with T topped stakes. The only thing that's going to bounce is said critter.. staple chain to box and forget it.. I can show photos tomorrow if you like.

12. henry

I think I have seen a utube video of what you talking about yank.

13. yankee

yankee Senior Member

Henry your using 120 5x5 is that what missouri law reads?? No larger than 120 or 5x5 because bridger makes a double sprung 155 I believe it is that's a 5x5 heavier chain heavier springs and more money sure
    I was just curious on how the law reads
    In momo

So many different manugacturers out there things can get meddled up

14. henry

I could go to 6" on jaw size. The cost per jumps when you do that. I can do 12 cubbies with the 120s for under $100. If I go up in size the cost goes up with no apparent benefit.

15. Maddog3355

Maddog3355 Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    In Missouri the law is 5 inch on dry land. You can use 6 inch if you are 6 feet off the ground.

yankee likes this.
  16. henry

Yep. I had that wrong by an inch. I think the 120s are 1/2 inch under what's allowed. There may be a size that hits 5" I don't know.

17. yankee

yankee Senior Member

Nothing wrong with hanging them from a cubby

18. farmnhunt

farmnhunt Member

Jun 6, 2006
    Lebanon
    155's are 5" they work well and are Mo legal, 160's are 6" and too big, I really like the 155's for use in brush pile tunnels

19. henry

We built a second large bait station this morning. Like my other larger station this one is 8x8 . I am getting closer to being ready for this season.