Neoprene waders

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by bigbass, Nov 8, 2010.

1. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    Whats the best way to fix neoprene waders. After going deep sunday I discovered that my waders are no longer water proof in the waist area.( sound familar SK ). Ive tried some of the glue but have had no luck. Was thinking pure silicon might work. Any sugestions?

2. return them and get a new pair

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    if not under warranty

shoe goo :cheers:

4. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    [rquote=1886057&tid=131406&author=greenheadsmoker]return them and get a new pair [/rquote]

Ive got my moneys worth out of them, and I thought about shoe goo got some around here somewhere. Thanks

5. Son_of_Cold_Duck

Son_of_Cold_Duck 1:8655 idiots right Red?

Dec 16, 2008
    i\'m skeeered
    found out after adding my second tube of Shoo Goo to a pair last year that neoprene will "weep" when the neoprene breaks down

6. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    does that mean when your gas hoses get old, they will allow moisture in your gas line!!:eek::eek:

7. Skduckhunt

Skduckhunt Senior Member

Dec 29, 2002
    St. Charles, Mo
    I spread the first coat of aquaseal on the seams last night, headed to the basement for coat #2

8. Son_of_Cold_Duck

Son_of_Cold_Duck 1:8655 idiots right Red?

Dec 16, 2008
    i\'m skeeered
    [rquote=1886588&tid=131406&author=Skduckhunt]does that mean when your gas hoses get old, they will allow moisture in your gas line!!:eek::eek:[/rquote]

sure...eventually

9. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Active Member

Apr 18, 2006
  10. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i can tell you that some of them just can't be fixed. heck cold duck or bdm, one of the two was wearing a shoe goo diaper one year. still got the boys wet.:D