Nelli and her brothers 1st swim(lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by battman1, May 29, 2009.

1. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Heres some of her

[file]58868[/file]

[file]58866[/file]

[file]58864[/file]

[file]58862[/file]

2. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Some of her and her brother.The dog by itself is her brother.

[file]58876[/file]

[file]58874[/file]

[file]58872[/file]

[file]58870[/file]

3. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    One more I thought turned out good.

[file]58878[/file]

4. Joeyman

Joeyman Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    alright some mighty fine pictures you took of the dogs.

Looks like they were having a blast

what were you guys doing? working on training?

5. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Yeah seeing how they liked the water, and seeing how the worked with another dog with them.Did better than I thought they would.Held at heel while the other was retrieving (most of the time), and didn't even hesitate at the water.

6. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    :eek:: looks like a good time for all

but look its twins having twins

7. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Yeah but I got him beat by a few pounds.I got the dummy in my hand.

8. Swampy

Swampy New Member

good to see some good dog training going on. Water work is always fun and teaching them to honor early on is a great thing. I don't care how much they whine when the other dog is working but they better SIT at HEEL or wherever you have them placed. It is pure happiness when you introduce a dog to water and it leaps in after a bumper. At that point you know there is not going to be an issue with desire. Have you forced the dog yet? looks to be of age.

9. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Had alot of fun with them today.Do you mean force fetch?

10. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    :kewlpics: and the pup looks great!:eek::

11. Swampy

Swampy New Member

[rquote=1279948&tid=89547&author=battman1]Had alot of fun with them today.Do you mean force fetch?[/rquote]

yup

12. catdaddy

catdaddy blu bogart

Dec 30, 2007
    t'aint say'n
    :claphands:Great pic's.Now you have to teach the main water command.........Shake.That will come in handy in a duck blind.:rof2::cheers:

13. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Shake don't bother me now but I'm sure its a real treat in the winter time.As far as force fetch I've never done that but I need to look into it.She likes to drop it on the way back.

14. Swampy

Swampy New Member

get a book called Smart Fetch it is not expensive. I ran one dog on it and he flunked out, he had no desire. The second dog got sent of to FF since about the time he needed to be forced we had a new baby at home along with the two other kids. There is a world of difference in hunting with a dog who is forced vs. hunting with one who is not. You may hear 100 guys say "ole bess never lost a bird and never dropped a bird and was never force fetched". I'll tell you what I've hunted with those types of fellas and their dogs. Their dogs were good and got the birds there to within 10 feet most of the time. I've seen the "ole bess" types drop a bird 10-20 yards away that were alive and just come back. Were they good dogs? yes they were but there is a big difference in a good dog and a forced dog. Take the time or spend the $$$ and get it done, the dog will be much more of a pleasure to train and hunt with if 99% of the time all you have to do is reach down at heel and say "give".

15. Boogan1

Boogan1 Senior Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Blue Springs, MO
    Those sure turned out to be some good looking dogs, I am glad they are working out so well for you. Their daddy loves the water and has just a pure drive to retreive. He is one of the easiest dogs I have ever trained. Keep the pics coming, love to see how they turn out! Boog

16. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Will do Boogan They sure pick stuff up fast.Swampy u2u coming you're way.