Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
boy im in a situation. my neighbors dogs bark all night every night so i always have to go out on my porch and unload a clip into the air. they got used to my .45 so i started using my .270. i tried to tell my neighbor about this but they dont do nothing about it. i just wonder how they can deal with their dogs barking so close to their house. i can hear them and i live farther away. anyway i went down to my foodplot and my salt lick yesturday. and i noticed something dug up my mineral lick that i refreshed about 5 days ago. costed about $20. i was okay with this until i looked closer and seen domestic dog and cat tracks. i hopped on my atv and went to my food plot which is about 70 yards from my mineral lick and there they were my neighbors damn dogs. on my property. diggin holes in my foodplot! if i was carrying my .45 they would of been dead right there, thats how mad i was. so what should i do? should i just leave it alone? or wait until they go to town and kill both of them. i have 3 dogs but there are trained not to go away from the house. should i kill there dogs? what would you do? and with the cats my other neighbor raises the damn things she has alot of freaking cats and im trying to establish a healthy quail population on my property, but i cant do this if all the cats are roaming on my property. should i get all camo'd out and hunt them??? what you you guys do?
im just a regular hunter trying to make my property for the better of hunting for my family, but in a jam with these pests!

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
not a subject to openly discuss on a forum but most will answer sss

·
Registered
116 Posts
Bowkil -
I'm having a very similar problem. I live on 40 acres and do what I can to manage for wildlife on such small acreage. A couple of months ago, some people moved in down the road and - you guessed it - they have dogs that run wild. They have 3 dogs: a bug German Shepard (this one is already missing and they posted 'lost dog' signs on the road. They also have a big black dog and stupid small dog. Anyway, they are coming onto my property I know cause I see the tracks - near my food plots, too.
I am going to politely tell the neighbor to keep the dogs off my property. If that doesn't work, then I will take care of them. My gut tells me someone already took are of the Shepard.

·
Registered
947 Posts
try to be a good neighbor and tell your neighbor the problem. If it continues tell them again with the notification that action will be taken if not dealt with by them. just my .02

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Have any of you folks every politely told someone their cat was being a pest and you would appreciate it if they would keep it under control?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Give it a try! Then let us know how that works for ya! ;)

·
Registered
13,834 Posts
r2ahunter, if you tell your neighbors their cat is a pest, and it comes up missing, it's automatically YOUR fault, they won't even think about the tire tracks across it's belly, they'll go for your throat(wallet). Better to SSS, and not even talk about it. Those old G.I. entrenching tools are handy and compact enough to keep under the truck seat, and CB caps are really, really quiet.:wave:

·
Registered
21,191 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
Have any of you folks every politely told someone their cat was being a pest and you would appreciate it if they would keep it under control?

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Give it a try! Then let us know how that works for ya! ;)
DSG we both know what happens to unruler cats at my house!! And that one belonged to ME!!!

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo

DSG we both know what happens to unruler cats at my house!! And that one belonged to ME!!!
YES! AND PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A WAY TO RETRIEVE THAT PICTURE! DSG HAS NEEDED IT SEVERAL TIMES SINCE HE LOST IT!

DSG WANT'S ANOTHER COPY OF THE PIC BAD!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.