Neighbors dog

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by rat, Apr 11, 2006.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I gotta vent a little.. bear with me.

I live in town (unfortunately) but I do not have the room for a dog. Trust me, if I did, I would have another dog in a heartbeat. But, at least I recognize that I cannot afford a dog all the room and attention that they deserve.

The neighbor behind me just got a neat looking black spaniel puppy. The last few days when I got home from work, that poor thing is bawling to beat the band. Yesterday, I walked over to see what the problem is and heres the deal... they have that thing tighed to the swingset with about a 10 ft. lead! Of course, that lead is wound around the base of the swingset so that that dog is essentially immobile. Guess he's been that way since they left for work this morning and will be until they get home at 5pm or whenever. Least they put a water bowl out for him but it is turned over and prolly has been since early this morning. hearing that poor thing squall like that is like fingernails on the blackboard for me! :mad::mad::mad:

Should I confront them or just call animal control?? gosh.. I hate that.:confused:

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Shoot the neighbors and then call Animal Control.;)

Jack:pop:

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
  4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well.. I suppose that they do need that dog like they need a hole in the head!

5. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I have no use for people that abuse animals. Treating a puppy this way is torture to the dog::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Jack:soapbox:

6. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Call Animal Control.

7. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    What a shame it would be if while the guy:)ass: hole) is at work the dog gets off the lead, runs away, and finds a new home. Im sure that this is possible, isnt it?

Stuff like that really makes me mad.

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I think I'm gonna...

I'm not the confrontational type.. especially with this crew and knowing that they know where I live. God forbid that I would have to use lead to protect my wife and I some evening. Least I can call animal control anonomously. I have very little faith in the animal control around here though. I gotta do something... guess I'm a softy but heckfire, its cruel as can be. It coulda made someone a great little dog and I fear that it has no chance in the hands of these idiots.

9. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    Where do you live Rat? I could take care of the problem.

10. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    For the dogs sake call animal control. They can at least warn the people of what they are doing is wrong. If it continues after their visit call them again. They will eventually take the dog from them and put him in a shelter. The dog will at least have another chance at the shelter. Maybe the neighbors just need a little guidence in the right direction in dog care. The first visit from animal control might do the trick....who knows?

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I live in Olivette MO... those wierdos aint home yet!! Driving me friggin nuts!

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    dog

check out this poor guy.. he's been at this all day!

13. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Poor pup!

Call and see what happens. Maybe even put out another bowl for the little sucker! :pop:

14. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    Let me know what animal control does. Thats crap. That dog should not be tied up like that. If things dont change with animal control giving them notice let me know. Im sure it can be arranged that that dog finds a decent home. I dont live very far from Ollivette.

15. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    How did this turn out ?

Why not walk over and untangle him, leave a note on the door telling them you did it?

16. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    A few years back at the lake we were all sitting around having a few and bbqing and someone noticed something across the street that didnt look right. My brother in law and I went over to see what it was and we found a dog hung by its lead that was to short. It had gotten hung up and couldnt get off. We told the neighbors since the dumba$$ owners were gone for the weekend. I could not believe that they tired it up with such a short lead and were going to be gone all weekend. I wished we would have still been there when they got home.
    I say call animal control.

17. leaker19

leaker19 New Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Cooper County
    Some people just shouldn't have pets. What do they think that dog is gonna do when it gets really hot, no cover, no water? Morons.

leaker

18. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Steve.. I untangled him twice.. he is just on too short of a lead. Calling animal ctrl today.

19. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

The kids probably begged the parents to have a new dog...and as you can see, the parents didn't really want one, but buckled and got the kids a dog...They obviously don't have a clue how to take care of one either...maybe offer some suggestions, like a screw in tether with a swivel, to keep him from getting so tangled up....Or, just give Marine95 thier address!!!! Hooyea!!!!!

20. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Ok now posting a pic of the poor little thing was NOT a requirement for making a point on this thread!

Get animal control on the phone!