Needing some advice on mole eradication!!!!!

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by riverbottomhunter, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

A shot of anhydrous ammonia does the trick!!
    Clucker likes this.
  2. ducksNbucks

ducksNbucks Senior Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Lathrop, MO
    Ordered a couple scissor traps also, they're tearing my back yard up!

3. Rthunter

Rthunter Senior Member

May 5, 2003
    Union, Mo
    Just caught two within the last week with my old scissor traps. Been deadly for years. Stomp the run. Watch for activity and set. You will be a pro in no time.
  4. UncleSlayer

UncleSlayer Senior Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Boone County
    I have had good luck with the victor traps but not until i watch a youtube video of how to properly set the trap. you have to half bury the darn thing. Those scissor traps have come down in price, used to be 30 a piece. have fun trapping. mole fur is the nicest fur you will ever trap. :D
  5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Old school here.....go traditional hand made longbow. Just watch for movement in the run....have to lead them a bit cause they sometimes jump the string noise.

Mole hunting traditional style.jpg
    sharps4590 likes this.
  6. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Northern Ozarks
    Ezra, what are you using? We've fought the little devils with about everything but haven't found anything as good as Diazanon but, it's gone.
  7. BC-Buck

BC-Buck Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Pike Co Mo
    Stomping down is a good tool, they suggested. Also mark ends of all runs with sticks or flags. Morning and evening move traps close to fresh movement. Trick is to control them before you get to much tunnels.
  8. roscoe dog 1

roscoe dog 1 New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    I bought a couple of the ultrasonic repellers and they are working for me.
  9. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

10. truehunter

truehunter Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    410 shotgun works well if you sneak in close enough
    fishshooter and sharps4590 like this.
  11. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Northern Ozarks
    I've shot several over the years but the chance to get a shot is so unpredictable and difficult to do. However, it sure makes a fella feel good to shoot the little devils.
    fishshooter likes this.
  12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    60% or better of the moles diet is earthworms so controlling grubs won’t make a huge difference if any at all. Grubs aren’t in the rootzone of turf right now so applying grub control now is useless anyway. If you have moles now the aren’t eating grubs.
    Scissor style traps are the most effective IMO
  13. vonfatman

vonfatman Member

Dec 31, 2006
    if you kill the food, yes, they will move on.
    if you kill the food, so will your robins etc.

if it were me, i'd hire me a mole dog.

good luck.

get 2 spades...i prefer sharpshooters.
    walk your yard and smash down tunnels. wait 30 -40 minutes. quietly as possible re-walk yard again with two shovels.
    this time keeping your eyes on up-coming 'smashed tunnels'. when you see one where the soil is 'back up'...stop/freeze and watch that tunnel. when you see dirt being pushed up...move quickly...send a spade into the tunnel head and behind the 'moving soil'.

dig up mole.

it takes time, sounds like you have a lot of time and thought into this already.

good luck.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  14. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I use merit
  15. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    Had moles for years ,enjoyed the heck out of running the lines, then wife brought home cat that lives for mole season ,ruined my fun but he sure lives to kill moles and chase tree rats.
  16. Trykon_Buck

Trykon_Buck Active Member

Find a good run & it'll kill 'em dead! I've caught several with my two traps. :guitar:
    beanpile likes this.