need some info please

Discussion in 'Reloading Tips & Tricks' started by Cburrows_tx, May 31, 2009.

1. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Ok here is the deal, I have ended up with a Size O Matic reloader model 800 B. Looks to me like it is a 12 guage only deal. There are about 2000 primers, 4 bags of plastics, unknown number of casing (too lazy to count ), close to 50 lbs of shot, and a 3 lb can unopened green dot powder.

Now with all that said, what the heck is it worth? Looking to unload it.

Now I know you all think I should start reloading.......... NO! With this deal I ended up with more 12 guage shotgun shells tha I will EVER shoot! I could shoot 10 rounds a day till I die and still ahve ammo!

So what do all you reloaders think it is worth?

2. who goes out and only shoots 10 times:D

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I am telling you there are 12 guage shells EVERYWHERE!!! I am only 30 so 10 rounds a day till I die is A LOT of ammo!!!

4. SNA2STL

SNA2STL Active Member

So tell us how many rounds you have and we could have a party with your LAST ten.

5. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Go poke around GunBroker - I think you will be surprised. Your best bet would be to find you a local trap or skeet shooter. Powder and primers you get to deal with HazMat shipping.

Oh yeah, before I forget - you are sitting on a nice chunk of change...

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    ill give you 50 bucks :cheers:

7. htredneck

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Lets see - without seeing any of it:
    P/W Size-O-Matic 800 B - 400.00 (BTW - the 800 can be converted to different gauges with a kit sold by ponsness/warren. I know for certain you can do 12, 20 and 28 and might be able to do 410)
    Shot - 30.00 / 25 pounds
    Wads - 15.00 - 25.00 a bag
    Primers - 40.00 / thousand
    empty hulls - depends on brand, only ones people will want for loading are AA or Remington STS

8. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    [rquote=1281473&tid=89673&author=cfrazee_mo]I am telling you there are 12 guage shells EVERYWHERE!!! I am only 30 so 10 rounds a day till I die is A LOT of ammo!!![/rquote]

You are only thirty?

Just kidding Crystal, gotta let you know I miss you. ;) :wave:

9. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Gamegetter I have a birth certificate to prove it! LOL

Thanks guys, I am hoping to sell it locally and be done with it. We are rifle people here and hardly ever get the shot guns out.

There are about 60 boxes of 12 guage plus a 5 gallon bucket full out of the boxs. More than we will ever use.

10. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

[rquote=1281473&tid=89673&author=cfrazee_mo]I am telling you there are 12 guage shells EVERYWHERE!!! I am only 30 so 10 rounds a day till I die is A LOT of ammo!!![/rquote]

Just be sure to save 21 of them for the salute at your funeral. With a deal like this they may as well use 12 gauges instead of rifles:claphands:

:cheers::cheers:

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Just a rough guess of $650 total of everything except the empty shells. Like htredneck said about the empties....Most don't want to fool with anything but a Winchester AA hull or the Remington STS.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1281512&tid=89673&author=htredneck]Lets see -
    Primers - 40.00 / thousand
    [/rquote]

where?

13. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    This item is on backorder. Cabela's estimates it will take 4-5 weeks to ship this product.

;);););););)

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1281543&tid=89673&author=cfrazee_mo]Gamegetter I have a birth certificate to prove it! LOL

Thanks guys, I am hoping to sell it locally and be done with it. We are rifle people here and hardly ever get the shot guns out.

There are about 60 boxes of 12 guage plus a 5 gallon bucket full out of the boxs. More than we will ever use. [/rquote]

we fill a 5 gallon bucket in a couple months once we start gettin the clay thrower out:rock:

15. htredneck

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    When I was actively shooting trap and skeet, it would take about 2 weeks to fill a 5 gallon bucket.
    Shot and primers were a lot cheaper and easier to get then too. Don't think I could afford to shoot like that now...

16. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    no doubt, even the value packs at wally world are 25 dollars. good new is, the ones i've been getting have been federal high brass pheasant loads. not sure if it was a screw up on there part or not.

17. htredneck

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    WallyWorld buys/gets ammo buy the truck load - they sell it for less than most dealers can get it at cost.

18. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
  19. htredneck

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    OK, ok - how's this....
    That 800 B press is one that falls into the 'Cadillac' category. It will spit out rounds as fast as you can pull the handle. Post all of it on the local Craigslist or at the closest trap/skeet range as a package deal and I would bet that it will be gone within 24 hours...