Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im kinda new to the whole archery hunting but i really want to get into it. And im just wondering what i can buy for around the $300-$400 dollar range that will due, post some suggestions plz

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytaholic
Goldtip has one on Ebay, ready to go except, quiver, arrows and release....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...80016165686&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1
Now that's not a bad bow right there, might keep an eye on that one.

If your looking for a new bow around the price range you mentioned you might look at the Martin bow's. There are a couple that should fit in that area. And believe me Martin makes a quality bow. For used, look in the classifieds on ArcheryTalk and 3dshoots.com. Personally I would go there before I looked at e-bay.

Do what DWB say's and drop by your local archery shop and get your draw length measured. Could save you awhole lot of heartaches if you happen to get the wrong size bow. Good Luck

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thats not bad but you have alot more money to spend after you buy that one. Did you find out that your draw length is?

·
5,631 Posts
That Element is a good bow but I'd spend the extra $100 and get the Bear Instinct. My bro has one. They're GREAT shooting bows. Quiet, smooth, NO hand shock. Awesome bow for $399.

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by Heavyhitter
No i havent found my draw length, just posted this tonight and trying to get some ideas first.
To get a good starting point on your DL...

Stand with your back against a wall and spread your arms out parallel with the ground. Measure from finger tip to finger tip and then divide by 2.5.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
A buddy of mine is selling his Hoyt Deviator. It's a 1997 model, but in great shape. We modified the bow by changing out the cams and limbs. I've seen this bow shoot 320 fps. It is an older bow, but it's quiet and fast. It's got some sights and a Bodoodle rest. It's on about a 28-29" draw right now. $200 takes it(Plus shipping). I'd buy it myself, but I've got enough toys for now. This is a great deal, and would be an awesome bow to start with. U2U me or email me at [email protected].
Eric

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.