Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a youth rifle for my step daughter. I don't want to spend a lot and I like the idea you can switch barrels.
Any thoughts ?
http://www.rossiusa.com/index.cfm

MODEL R243YMB - .243 WIN BLUE RIFLE WITH WALNUT FINISH
Rossi offers a full line of single shot rifles designed specifically for younger shooters in today's most popular calibers. These rifles carry all of the features that their full-sized counterparts do, but have a shorter stock and barrel. The barrels are drilled and tapped to accept Weaver-style scope mount bases and have adjustable sights as standard equipment. Rossi rifles incorporate transfer bar technology to help prevent accidental discharges and features a manual safety.
SPECIFICATIONS
Model: R243YMB
Caliber/Gauge: .243 WIN Length of Pull: 14.25" Wood Finish: WALNUT FINISH
Capacity: SINGLE SHOT Barrel Length: 22" Stock Config: YOUTH SIZE MONTE CARLO
Action: BREAK OPEN Overall Length: 37.5" x RECOIL PAD
Choke: N/A Weight: 6.25 lbs Soft Case Inc: NO
Chamber: N/A Finish: BLUE UPC: 6-62205-45008-2
Rate of Twist: 1:10" Drilled & Tapped: YES Status: AVAILABLE NOW
Drop at Heel: 2.95" Front Sight: ADJUSTABLE Manual: Click Here
Drop at Pull: 1.69" Rear Sight: ADJUSTABLE MSRP: $238.00
Extractor/Ejector: EXTRACTOR Sling Swivels : YES Buy Now : Click Here

G

·
I know that the one that I have is a shooter

The only thing that I have found wrong it and I am going to send it off to have looked at is that the gun will not accept regular Winchester shell, it will take the Super X, but the ones in the gray boxes will not let the gun close all the way.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
we have one in .223 with a 20 gauge barrel for it also.my granson has taken 4 deer with it and 2 turkeys with the shot gun.been real happy with it

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Matt has a .223 and my nephew has a .243, both are shooters. we cant say enough good things about those guns

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Love em, .243 youth, .270 adult, & 20 guage youth, all on one reciever, had to float the barrels to get them to group, they drive tacks now:rock:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Around $250 for a matched set, centerfire & shot gun.

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow I'm sold on em now. Me and my step daughter are going to go out Jan 3rd and 4th. Mostly for fun. It will be her first time. But we'll be close to the farm house and hot coco. :dancin:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
There's a $20 rebate coupon on the website, I think you just print it out.

·
2,842 Posts
Originally posted by Mojorisin
Love em, .243 youth, .270 adult, & 20 guage youth, all on one reciever, had to float the barrels to get them to group, they drive tacks now:rock:
Did you float them your self? If so, how did you do it?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Dremmel tool & a rubber O ring, on the .243 & used a washer on the .270, then re-stained the fore arms where I took the wood off. Cheap float.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts