NEED HELP WITH TRUCK!!!

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by cfdjay, Jun 3, 2009.

1. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Any mechanics online right now?

2. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel.

My A/C quit working. I'm dying.

3. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Check the fuse? Is the compressor running at all?

4. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    roll the windows down.........:roll2:

5. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1284809&tid=89869&author=ryanlowe02]roll the windows down.........:roll2:[/rquote]

Dude, come to the carolinas right now and roll down your windows... tell me how that works for ya. :smiley:

6. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    [rquote=1284797&tid=89869&author=1FastCam]Check the fuse? Is the compressor running at all?[/rquote]

Everything seems to be normal except it's not blowing cold air.

7. ryanlowe02

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    [rquote=1284812&tid=89869&author=cfdjay][rquote=1284809&tid=89869&author=ryanlowe02]roll the windows down.........:roll2:[/rquote]

Dude, come to the carolinas right now and roll down your windows... tell me how that works for ya. :smiley:[/rquote]lol......i would check with the blower first, sometimes the air is still cold you just dont have anything to push it out the vents......i think the blower going out has been a problem in the past with dodges check with jeremy

8. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    My 2001 Supercrew is in ths shop getting fixed as we speak,I put freon in and it lasts about 4 days,hoping just an O ring

9. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I mean it blows, different levels are working with the knobs and everything. Everything is normal except when I hit the the A/C button, the light come on so the button works but the blowing air never gets cold.

10. ryanlowe02

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    is there freon in a car AC like a house? might need a charge if there is ? i dunno

11. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Go buy a couple cans and put em in yourself,thats what I did last year.I put mine in the shop 2 weeks ago and they filled it up put a can of stop leak in it and a can of dye and it cost me $30,but it didnt help,so today he should be able to put his blacklight on there and see the leak

12. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    [rquote=1284824&tid=89869&author=ryanlowe02]is there freon in a car AC like a house? might need a charge if there is ? i dunno [/rquote]

Oh, there is so much I want to say on this one, but I won't. :D

One thing to check is see if the clutch never engages on the compressor pully. That's usually an indicator of low/no freon and you can go from there.

13. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Sounds like it needs recharged to me Jay. Should be able to get it done at most quicklube places.

14. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    :stirpot:

:thinking: Pull into your nearest Chevy dealer and swap it out for a new one. Air should work fine and you might even have a little green in your pocket when you leave.

OK....:smiley:

15. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Does anyone have a website that shows a diagram of what's what on a trucks a/c system?

16. Bowhunter4life

Bowhunter4life New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    if you dont know what your looking at, just take it some where to be charge, shouldnt cost much at all

17. Timmytaters

Timmytaters Moderator

Feb 14, 2007
    lincoln co. mo
    YEP LOOK AT YOUR COMPRESSOR TO MAKE SURE THE CLUTCH IS ENGAGING IT SHOULD STAT AND STOP WHEN YOU TURN THE AC OF AND ON IF NOT MIGHT NEED A SHOT OF FREON ITS HARD TELLING WITH THESE DANG NEWFANGLED VEHICLES THESE DAYS I AM SURE JERAMY WILL CHIME IN SOON.

18. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    If your freon level is low enough, it will keep the compressor from coming on so you don't burn it up.

19. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    its an 04, its now 09, i am pretty sure your low on freon, and the cause of the leak will probably be an evap core.

20. [rquote=1284922&tid=89869&author=Heeler75][rquote=1284824&tid=89869&author=ryanlowe02]is there freon in a car AC like a house? might need a charge if there is ? i dunno [/rquote]

One thing to check is see if the clutch never engages on the compressor pully. That's usually an indicator of low/no freon and you can go from there.[/rquote]

X2:cheers:

BTH