Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of mounting my new TruGlo sights on my Rem. 11-87.

I'm supposed to remove the front bead, but I can't get the dang thing to come off.

So ~ I'm assuming it's pressed in?!

How the heck do I get it off ~ without scratching or marring the vent rib???

I can get it to turn, but that's it... :mad2:

·
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ~ all I can get it to do is turn, and it's not even starting to back out, so it must be pressed in.

I would just install the site behind the bead, but the sight instructions state to use the hole for mounting the new site... :roll2:

Pain in the :***: BS ~ the instructions never said nothin' 'bout this situation.

Now I've got a loose bead sight, can't install the new sight until I get this sucker yanked, and I'm leaving tomorrow 'round noon...and I wasn't planning on messing with this all day. I had short notice as it is.... :mad2:

This is supposed to be fun, right?! :banghead:

·
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem solved...

Nothin' some needle-nose vice grips couldn't handle... :D

FYI ~ it is a pressed-in bead...notice there are no threads.

I feel better, now.

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all... :wave:

·
19,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well...

Originally posted by rat

Chairman... did you get things worked out?
Since it was pressed in, there were no threads to speak of, once I removed it. The kit had 4 different-sized screws though, and the largest one got a grip.

I'm gonna have to get a gunsmith to make it more permanent later (unless someone here can tell me how to do it), but for now I added a drop of thread-lock to keep it there.

And no, I don't own any taps... :frown:

The rear sight installation went smooth, and I really like the peep sight...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.