Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
6,682 Posts
They don’t come with iron sights but if you are going to mount an optic that may not matter. Like any AR you can dump a bunch of $$ into a “bargain” gun. The good thing is there are tons of aftermarket goodies available.

· Registered
4,738 Posts
It's not a very well regarded AR. Even for an economy model. How much does the guy want for it? The price of AR's dropped dramatically after Trump took office.

Reactions: wingman

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
What price? You can always mess with the upper to get what you eventually want.
ARs are a pretty pedestrian machine and not that sophisticated.

Reactions: Bootheel Boy

· Registered
4,622 Posts
Pretty sure that one was as low as $400?? on sale a few months ago??

Does it have the polymer lower? I am not sure.

So I'd assume its the cheapest AR15 that was $400 (maybe cheaper at ruralking??) so what is your Browning worth?

· Registered
2,393 Posts
I agree with bulletman.
Not a gun for precision.
For blasting and woods hunting, it will do the job reliably.
Have fun!
Yep, I put a riser on mine, mounted a 2x7 Vortex scope, extended charging handle, and for blasting steel gongs to 300 yards it's a fun gun to shoot and will consistently do it's job. I have shot milk jugs filled with water at 300 yards with no issues. Mine is not a polymer lower. This is a gun I can let new shooters or kids bang away all they want with no worries as to barrel life as I figure it will last 10,000 rounds before I even start thinking of it being shot out. The ammunition for it will cost far more than the cost of the gun, but the fun factor is worth it.

· Banned
7,215 Posts
DPMS=Didn’t Pass Mil Spec
Absolutely no way I would trade one for a Browning anything. There are a bunch of decent AR’s on the market, but buying a complete AR is like buying a pre-assembled LEGO castle, you’re missing all the fun.

· Senior Hunter
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Browning BBR 30.06. Good gun. Made early 80's. Probably could sell it for more money. I have too many deer guns. Wanting AR. Need to make room. Not sure if I'm going to do the deal. Wanting opinion on that AR.

· Registered
13,839 Posts
I own an Oracle. I wish I'd spent a little more and bought an S&W, though. The magazine well is pretty tight, so tight some magazines won't fit in it. It seems DPMS rifles often have dimensional challenges in this way. I've finally gotten it so all my magazines will work, except the 5 rounder. It's a major PITN to get it in and out of the magwell. It seems to shoot well enough for what it is, but I am somewhat disappointed in the magwell being out-of-dimension, though. Would I do it again? Probably not, not a huge fan of the system in the first place, and having one a bit "off" doesn't help matters any. I bought it just to put a finger in Speaker Pelosi's eye, no other reason.

Reactions: Mule and CamoNinja

· Under appreciated
93,230 Posts
I own an Oracle. I wish I'd spent a little more and bought an S&W, though. The magazine well is pretty tight, so tight some magazines won't fit in it. It seems DPMS rifles often have dimensional challenges in this way. I've finally gotten it so all my magazines will work, except the 5 rounder. It's a major PITN to get it in and out of the magwell. It seems to shoot well enough for what it is, but I am somewhat disappointed in the magwell being out-of-dimension, though. Would I do it again? Probably not, not a huge fan of the system in the first place, and having one a bit "off" doesn't help matters any. I bought it just to put a finger in Speaker Pelosi's eye, no other reason.
I bought a S&W M&P15T a few years back and I love it.

· Registered
882 Posts
Right now you can probably put a mil-spec AR together for under $400.00, I put together a pretty nice .224 Valkyrie with PSA parts and an Anderson lower for less than $500.00.

Not really familiar with the BBR but if it is one of the guns built on the FN action I would ask at least $500.00 difference assuming good condition.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.