Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Just bid Grumpy.. you might be a winner! :cheers:

·
5,632 Posts
I hope you pay 10 times too much for it.

:stickfight:

:hysterical::hysterical:

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
They sell for just over 300.00----known to be a battery hog but the pictures are acceptable in quality-------

Some of the reviews about them:

Pictures are very clear. It is a battery hog (they last less then one week), but I have added 6 D-cells and I get about a month and a half now. It is also very limmited in programming. Cuddeback is a better value.

Good camera, little tricky to set up until you get the hang of it. Battery life is horrible with the AA batteries. Sometimes I'll get only 2 days worth of photo's if set to take 2 pictures every 1 minute of activation. I bought the 12 volt battery accessory and things go longer now. Maybe a week. All depends on how many deer come in. Pictures are great both night and day up to about 30 feet. I can tell, the real big bucks, at least around where I'm hunting (you know, the smart ones which only come in around 3 a.m.)are definitely spooked by the flash. Next time I'm going with a night vision no flash camera.

Me--I have never used one----:cheers:

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ernie, Batteries would not be a problem because I would set this cam up less than a mile from my house and I could get rechargable ones and switch them every day or 2.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Everyone that I have talked to in the past few mon ths has wished that they had went ahead and got the night unit without a flash------everyone wants to change out the flash camewras now for the infra units------------I'm thinking we are going to see a very large infulx of digital flash cameras on the market very quick for around 50.00--------:cheers:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
I disagree a little about the influx of digital white flash cams. It's not that I don't believe that they have an effect, I just think that there are a ton of guys who would rather have high quality color pictures as opposed to the b/w or red tint from the IR units. Nothing against them, I think they are awesome, but I personally wouldn't switch out simply for the fear of spooking deer. I value the color picture quality too much.

Grumpy...
I would rethink the battery issue, at least your solution to it. Think of it this way...if you are checking your camera ever two or three days to change out batteries you're going to ruin some serious hunting area by far too frequent visits. Cerain times of day are great but in temps like these it's impossible to not lay down scent everywhere and on everything.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Originally posted by Plasticman
Everyone that I have talked to in the past few mon ths has wished that they had went ahead and got the night unit without a flash------everyone wants to change out the flash camewras now for the infra units------------I'm thinking we are going to see a very large infulx of digital flash cameras on the market very quick for around 50.00--------:cheers:
Thats what we in the business call analysis folks! You just might be right p-man. I would imagine that a flashless camera is less likely to be stolen as well. You cant steal what you don't know is there....

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I've found with flash cameras that the "bucks" around here will be seen once and that's it. I'm most generally loaded with doe pics. From personal experience I would recommend a no flash camera.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Thanks for the advice Hayzor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.