Need a muffler for a Byou 220 !

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Bear, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I'm in a heck of a fix. I need a muffler for my old kawasaki bayou 220 4 wheeler. I've tried almost everything to get one at a reasonable price. The dealer want,s 228.88 for a stock muffler ! I've bid on e-bay on a couple but the prices are ridiculous ! and I get outbid.
    So could anyone help me find a used muffler for my old 220 bayou ? It is a l984 model but most any 220 bayou will fit. This old bike is just perfect for me and runs as good as factory new. I've just got a rusted out muffler. Thanks for any help.

2. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Bear, DSG commends you for trying to find a muffler!

$228 for a muffler though? :eek:

No wonder there are so many of them worthless MF'rs running through the woods wiff no muffler on!

Hope you find one! :cheers: Maybe you could find one off an old Volkswagen for $25 and modify it! :)

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    hooly crapola.. thats pricey.. im not sure of the brand but theres a couple of companies out there that specialize in atv aftermarket junk and they gots some super special ones that sposed to silence em.. i think their in the neighborhood of 150 for them...

4. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I would try to modify one if I couldn't find one at a reasonable price, that or try to weld and patch the one that's on it.

5. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Harrisburg
    I believe you can get one (aftermarket) for less $120 on BikeBandit.com. This is a good website for OEM and aftermarket parts. I've ordered and had good luck.
    It's an easy-to-use site.

mrclean

6. MTRaised

MTRaised New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Grain Valley
    I don't know where you are located but you could give Heman's ATV a call. They are family owned and ran. Really good people and good prices. I drive an hour just so they can do any of my work.

They are located in Creighton, MO
    # is 660-499-2625

they would probably even ship. They are big with ebay

7. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Harrisburg
    My Bayou 300 just has a 2x2" hole in it. Anyone know where to get that "bandage" type stuff to repair mufflers?