Need a Mark Twain fishing report.

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Marine95, May 27, 2009.

1. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    I will be fishing my first ever bass tourney this coming weekend at Twain. It is a company/charity event. Im not too much of a bass fishermen, but it is for a good cause. Any reports, pointers, or anything else?

2. hambone2008

hambone2008 New Member

May 26, 2008
    audrain
    dont know much about bass but the catfish were doing okay the other day after the rain..... dont know much about bass though sorry........ :peepwall:

3. Brander

Brander Active Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Ofallon,mo
    water is pretty murky up there so I would go with a spinner bait or a shallow crank bait up close to the bank, on steeper banks. good luck.

4. I am fishing a tourney there this weekend also. We take out of 107 ramp, which one do you take out of?? The reports I have heard was that guys were catching them shallow in the flooded brush. For the first 30 min- hour I would throw some sort of top water bait and see if you can get that big bite!!;) Good Luck:cheers:

5. Marine95

Marine95 New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Fenton
    [rquote=1277707&tid=89390&author=DForbis]I am fishing a tourney there this weekend also. We take out of 107 ramp, which one do you take out of?? The reports I have heard was that guys were catching them shallow in the flooded brush. For the first 30 min- hour I would throw some sort of top water bait and see if you can get that big bite!!;) Good Luck:cheers:[/rquote]We are taking off from the Robert Allen ramp. Good luck to you also.