Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
North American Whitetail Television show is on NOW!!!!! on the outdoor channel.....they are going to show the footage of the supposed 300" Kansas buck they had a writeup on in the last magazine

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
Dang.. .I dont get it.

Dish network or something?

dang cable

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, Dish Network.....it was ok I guess.....footage wasn't any better quality than the pics lifted from it in the magazine...one heckuva deer still on the hoof!!!! I still for the life of me can't figure why, for any amount of money, they would sell that footage. The guy is a "regular contributor" to NAW magazine they said....I guess I'm just stingy...lol

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
i figure they think he is dead or really nocturnal,and might as well make a buck on the buck.one heck of a stud puppy though.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,354 Posts
They said he and his wife went looking for the antler sheds and saw him again. Obviously he hadn't dropped his antlers yet.

Very impressive deer.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
I bought the magazine to see the pictures. I think everyone is missing something. If you read the article, the last time that deer was seen wasn't this year looking for sheds...it was a year and a half ago. That deer wasn't seen at all this past season or winter. The last sighting was Jan. '05 if I remember correctly.
My guess is they sold the footage because the deer is no longer walking around. My guess would be that someone else spotted him and went home with a world class buck out of season. Poaching in the middle of Kansas wouldn't exactly be a difficult thing to get away with considering the unpopulated areas and lack of agents to patrol them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.