Natural Gas Prices

Discussion in 'MWT Community Bulletin Board' started by Outdoorsfool, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Outdoorsfool

Outdoorsfool New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Central Missouri
    From Spfld News-Leader:

Utility drops natural gas prices by 9 percent

Missouri Gas Energy has announced a reduction of 9 percent in its rates for its 500,000 western Missouri residential natural gas customers, effective Tuesday, reflecting a drop in the wholesale price of natural gas.
    The price reduction from 94 cents to 86 cents per therm was approved by the Missouri Public Service Commission. The company in January reduced prices by 20 percent.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't seen anything about Ameren UE following suit yet...but that's about typical for them. :banghead:

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Now that it is getting colder gain that is a good thing. Last months' gas bill was a killer.

Jack

3. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Gas bill was over 3/4 of total utility bill. Hope it will affect central Mo as well.

4. Outdoorsfool

Outdoorsfool New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Central Missouri
    I hear you!! Last month's bill was a killer!! But I don't figure Ameren will buck up any time soon....after all, they have a dam to rebuild, some major restoration to pay for....and then the lawsuit(s). :D

5. woodcarver

woodcarver Active Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Smithville
    It will probaly be cheaper but it will still be outrageous

6. You guys keep paying them high prices. I need a raise!:moon:

7. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    On my last months bill that I sent in I wrote Please send some vasilene with the next one.

8. Mecheng

Mecheng New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    STL/Macon Co
    Natural gas what a bargain! Look at the energy content compared to other fuels. Don't like the prices either but what can you do?

1 therm nat" gas = 103,000 btu $.86
    gallon of gasoline = 125,000 btu $1.57
    gallon of diesel = 140,000 btu $ 1.66

Roscoe don't know about you but I was really blind sided by a $600 increase in my property tax. :soapbox:

9. Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman New Member

Jul 30, 2003
    PB, MO
    Gasoline around here is $2.25... Has cut my runnin around down! :horse:

10. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog Active Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Maryland Heights,Mo
    I hear ya Mechang on the prop taxes. Mine went up a little over $400. The taxes on my place in the country is only $9.52 for 28 acres.