Nascar at Fontana

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Big Time Hunter, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Just wondered about everyones pick for todays race in California.

Go #6 I think those Roush boys are gonna be tough.

2. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Hopefully Edwards will atleaste get a shot today...

It would be neat if Boywer won it though!

3. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    As always #20 and if he can't win, #99!
  4. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Kurt, you, a Stewart fan, who would have guessed????:roll2:
  5. Mike911

Mike911 New Member

Apr 21, 2003
    With Rusty retiring I'm undecided right now. It's between Jamie McMurray and Carl Edwards, I may just end up rooting for both of them.
  6. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Diitto :cheers:
  7. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Jimmy Johnson all the way :cheers:

Or Casey Mears

or Dale Jarret...

Why so odd? Them are my peoples in a nasar fantasy league..
  8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Roush boys??? pretty safe bet knowing the number of cars he has I guess...
  9. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Mr brother is at that race. He works on/drives in prerunners for Terrible Herbst so he gets to go to pretty much whatever race he likes out there.
  10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Hard to believe but the guy that made the most left turns won!! I NEVER expected that! Difficult to predict I guess..
  11. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, at least the "sand yankee" din't win again and #99 was third. Not a bad day I suppose. :cheers:

rat, your attitude is cancerous. :cool3:
  12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Watch indy and watch real drivers.
  13. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    The "Bickyard 400" is one of NASCARS finer venues! :cheers:
  14. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    To be at Indy and watch 900+hp open wheel racers without some rediculous juvenile attitudes towards other drivers is really a treat. Nothing like it.

No drafting, no bumping, no NOTHING but pure and simple driving skills. If you are a race fan, IRL (or Form 1 for that matter) is about as pure as it gets... Just my opine of course and I expect some comments. Anyone who has been to indianapolis for the race every year can vouch for me.. I hope??
  15. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Only because 1 out of 55 can speak english, they all speak other languages, so even when they do get tudish' noone can understand what their sayin.. so ya jus nod, smile and wave.. and then under yer breath.. "what a smug :ass: he is"

But i know what your sayin rat, you are right on the ball for sure... To be able to handle those cars at that speed, and actually turn.. scares me jus to watch it..
  16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Really.. 1 out of 55?? I have been to indy 8 of the last 10 years and I dont remember 98% foriegners in the race.

I have a lot of respect for the stock-car racers but it is, in a word, UNBELIEVABLE to see those indy cars run.... guess I'm not too much of a nascar fan, but I am a racing fan, no doubt.

Indy is a different world and I do remember (and was present) for the first brickyard race. I also remeber Stan Fox spinning out in turn one at indy and it took 20MIN to get the cars lined up again.... awsome day for me! Our seats are midway up in turn 4 btw....
  17. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I guess it might be different for Indy? Ive only watched a couple of the openwheel races, and those that I have I couldnt even begin to try and pronounce their names.. Its been a while since I watched them...

Im sure it is unbelieveable, i love nascar, however, it was awesome to watch the couple of open wheel races, it was amazing to see them turn the corners going as fast as they were..
  18. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    It literally takes your breath away to see straightaway speeds of 230 or better...

Listen, I can see the allure of nascar and I dont doubt anyones allegience to the sport. I guess I feel left out (????) cause i'm not a fan. I sure wish things woulda turned out better for IRL. I tried watching the nascar race today and couldnt get into it at all. Guess I should pick a driver and root for him... or a team??.. or an owner??? what the heck? how the heck do I decide to get into this deal????
  19. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    rat, Todays race was one of the more uneventful races you will ever watch. Not a good sampling of what to expect.

As far as the Indy cars not bumping and drafting. They DO draft. But you ever see what an open wheel car does when wheels get together? :bangin: That might have something to do with the lack of contact!