My wife's mule deer

Discussion in 'Out of State Hunts, Stories & Pics' started by Keef, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

You should be. Congrats to her. :cool!:

3. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    Forgot to mention, the story of our hunt will be in Bowhunter magazine. Tentative date is the September issue.

Mailman likes this.
  4. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
  5. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That is too cool Keef!

Do you have the latest P&Y record book that came out last year?

6. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    No I don't. Did I miss anything? I used to buy them but haven't do so lately.

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't know what the past ones had, but this one also came with a CD of all records in Excel format. The only thing it didn't have on the CD version were the names.

I had my one entry in there for pronghorn antelope is the only reason I got it. :D

8. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Outstanding, great work!!

9. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Seeing this guy with a bow in my hand I don't know if I'd have the strength to draw my bow.

Shelby Keefer and her P&Y Mule Deer.jpg

Good job girl!!

10. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    That doesn't make sense. I would assume someone screwed up leaving names out. I have an old record book with a CD. I'll see if it has names. I looked at the new book and it didn't have some of my animals in it, they told me they remove some of the older record animals so the book doesn't get too voluminous. I guess they're still on the CD.

11. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    Thanks Bill I'll pass that on to her. It'll brighten her day, she's buried under with tax returns right now.
    Neither of us saw the P&Y picture until a friend called it to my attention today. Now that she's famous she'll want more money to video our hunts. :)

12. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    By the way, P&Y is negotiating with Bass Pro Shops to move the museum to Springfield. It would get a lot more visitors than it does in Minnesota where it's located now. The P&Y president was optimistic it will get done.

13. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo

That would be great! BP has the money to do it up right too. I can check it out and read the names of people I know even if my name will never be there. At least I'll have a small connection to say "I know this guy!"