Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some folks that werent at the get together may be somewhat tired of hearing about
how much fun it was, but I gotta couple of things I have to say..

I had met a few of you before, but it is very scary how after only Saturday being around all
you nice folks, I feel like I have known you all for years.. really a strange thing to me
that I have NEVER experienced before.. guess we have the internet to thank for that possibility.

But occasionally you hear either from spouses or friends or whatever something like "gosh, arent you
concerned what kinda wierdos you might be talking to online?" I'm sure we all have had this type
of discussion with a non-member on occasion..

Well.. let me be the first to re-assure everyone that WASNT THERE that I did not meet ONE SINGLE PERSON that I would not personally invite to my own place.. no problem at all... seriously.

Just a GREAT group of folks that love to hunt, fish, eat well and have a good time.
Even though some of us got a little crazy later and I had to kinda keep some folks in line,
it was about as genuine an experience as I have ever had.

I overheard one person to say "this is just like a family reunion, only way more fun" and I think that
this just about sums it up for me.

Thanks again to everyone and I hope I dint embarrass myself too much!! lol :wink:

:wave::wave::wave:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
ahh man, now you've gone and gotten soft on us.:)

Actually I feel the same way rat. Many good folks there at the GTG AND on here that didn't attend. And I would have them all at my house too.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by rat
.. guess we have the internet to thank for that possibility.
THANK YOU AL GORE! :wave: THANK YOU FOR INVENTING THE INTERNET FOR ALL OF US! GORE '08! GORE '08!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Parker

·
just a no body
15,627 Posts
Its kinda neet when people you "know" by some board name becomes a face & a real name..

The Chiefs Coalition has a yearly "Festivus" when the members come to KC to get together & see a game.

I'm sorry that I missed this deal but a family reunion had priority (to see grandma).

But one thing I have learned that it seems the bond is strengthened after such an event & the members that you ge to know become family.

I think its cool:eek:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by rat
But occasionally you hear either from spouses or friends or whatever something like "gosh, arent you
concerned what kinda wierdos you might be talking to online?" I'm sure we all have had this type
of discussion with a non-member on occasion..
I agree rat, I've heard the same thing, and I'm sure several other folks on here have too. Folks that don't join up here, and don't meet up when they have the chance are just missing out.

I think its like AA for hunters......we're all the same......we're just in search of others like us to help us with our problems!

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Pipe
is it circle time again ???:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Oh man.. well, I was afraid that some folks were getting ready to go to bed
and I just didnt want it to end.. :hysterical::hysterical:

I dint say that I did not embarrass myself.. just hoped that I dint make TOO biga :***: outta myself!!

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
LOL!!! My name is Crystal and I have no regrets in life!!!

Rat, we love ya!
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

My Name is Ernie and except for them dang BEARS-----I have no regrets!:D

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL!!! My name is Crystal and I have no regrets in life!!!

Rat, we love ya!
lol... well :wink:

I dunno how that regret thing started, other than I was pretty sure some folks
were about to form some brand new regrets that nite!! :stickfight:

I know that I have a new one now...

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea yea.. I know.. ;)

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Oh it was a good night Rat!

Ernie~I have NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE BEEN SOOOOOOOOO DISAPOINTED WITH A STORY!
I guess I really should have made up some way out story--The encounter---the chase---the bear handed wipping of that beast----yep the truth is really pretty boring. However now that you have met me---does it fit?

I just couldn't do that to ya!:cheers:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.