Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went out to the property on Saturday to check out the mineral licks, do some scouting, check out the food plot, and to do some shed hunting while doing alll of the things listed before...
Needless to say I didn't find any SHEDS! :mad2: I can pick out every little peice of deer ****, every little rubbed tree, every darn track, and every little peice of broken tree limb or rock that looks like a peice of antler... BUT no sheds!

But you know, I don't think there are any sheds on the place... I litterlly walked everywhere! :whip:

And I found some new rubs that sure looked fresh to ole Lefty here... I got some pics to share now:

Here's the mineral lick on the edge of our food plot:

They like it, they like it!!!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The food plot itself...

The disced area has clover planted... and the green part is the BFO that came back!

Another angle...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
It sure does look as though they like it....now I need to get one of those going! Sorry about the shed hunting, but I guess that the signs of active deer is better than having a shed! Now, get out there and set up a stand. :wink4:

Nice plot by the way!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty nice track... next to the ole size 12's! :pop:

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell me these aren't FRESH rubs!!!

·
5,631 Posts
REAL good pics, Lefty! That's a big ol' track fo sho!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lefty wants nothing to do with the buck that made this rub!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And finally...

The BIG :D on my face after a really productive day of shed hunting... :rotfl::hysterical::wink4::***:

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by JarJar
Now, get out there and set up a stand. :wink4:

Nice plot by the way!
If you notice... there's a ladder stand visible in the second picture of the food plot. And about 30 yards to the right of it is the mineral lick.

I did find two other spots that I am going to surely put up stands...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
NICE!!!! Keep us posted on the progress of your plots & mineral licks!! They sure look good so far! :wink4:

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JarJar... the mineral lick that is in the first pic has seriously doubled in size since I got serious about adding trace mineral blocks into it.

The deer just seem to LOVE that stuff! :eek:

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:neuspeuter: Yes Chairman, that's where lightning struck...:D

I just thought it was pretty neat. Splinters of the tree were as far as 50 yards+ away! :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.