Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Personal Thanks

First of all, it was a great weekend. I think we milked just about every minute out of it that could be milked.

To Mrb, thank you for being such a hospitable host! And thank you to opening your property to this group of members!

Starting about two weeks ago when the crappie and shrimp fry was for certain a “go†I began to make plans to pull it off. Anything that I asked of anyone, it was done. Aside from that, I got countless u2u’s and offers of help. In fact, I would imagine that there were more people at the G2G that offered to help me in some way than didn’t. That is awesome! And testament to the quality of people that are involved here. I would LOVE to share duties around the stove with all of you at some time.

Next of course were the people that everyone actually saw helping out. There was fireman_3311 (Brad) who was a huge help with the fish and potatoes. Deer-Hunter (Harry) also helped with fish. And he and his wife Mrs. Deer-Hunter, (Laura) did a wonderful job with the Hush Puppies.

Maybe not so obvious was Pipe (Bob) for bringing extra pans. Also, Harry and Laura again for helping clean and cut up the potatoes. I believe that Mrs. Rebelcj7 (Amanda) also helped with this duty. Thanks to all of you!

And the Shrimp. Probably the most tedious chore of the whole evening was performed by cfrazee_mo (Crystal) and Brad. That would be shelling and cleaning the fresh shrimp, and then stuffing them, then wrapping them in bacon and pinning it. This was no doubt the least fun job of the whole deal and they pitched in and helped do it without complaint. (Not to mention the stinky fingers.)

Last, and maybe where I should have started was the fish and shrimp. Yes, I brought some of the fish but also contributing the lions share were Crappie (Kevin) and Crystal. The shrimp themselves were paid for by Poor Valley (Jerry) and Mrb (Dave.) Many thanks to all of you for your support on this. It couldn’t have happened without your generous contributions.

As for the rest of you. I feel like there wasn’t a person that didn’t thank me for the fixing the crappie and shrimp. Several of you thanked me multiple times! As some of you may have heard me say, “it’s really hard to mess up crappie and shrimp.†It’s true, it’s no special talent to cook that sort of thing, they are pretty easy to work with.

And the very last thing on the fish fry. I know most of you had a really good time, but I can assure you no one had any better time than me. That is usually the way that works. I read something in a book one time about sowing and reaping. I guess this is evidence that the principle is valid, because there is no doubt that I reaped more fun from the night than anyone else could have. It was a blast.

I would be remiss if I din’t thank Harry and Laura for watching after Colee for the evening. I felt bad that I couldn’t watch after him better but I really appreciate what you two did. ALSO for changing the dirty diaper! :rotfl: :cheers:

Finally, cooking for that many people is really not that difficult when you have this much help. I got many slaps on the back over the weekend which was a little unfair because the people listed above did most of the work. Make sure to thank them too if you enjoyed the fish, potatoes and shrimp! :cheers:

And I'll leave you with this. There is an old Jackson Browne song called "The Load out" that I been singing today, prolly cause it really applies to this G2G weekend. You otta listen to it, if you don't already know it. I'll leave you with this quote from it, it's pretty good.

"We've got time to think of the ones we love
While the miles roll away
but the only time that seems to short is the time that we get to play
People you got the power over what we do
or you can sit there and wait
or you can come with us too.
Come along, sing this song
You know that you can't go wrong
'Cause when that mornin' sun comes beating down
you're gonna wake up in your town
And we'll be scheduled to appear
a thousand miles away from here

·
19,583 Posts
Originally posted by DShootnstGentemn
...Make sure to thank them too if you enjoyed the fish, potatoes and shrimp!
I missed out on the frimps, but I sure scarfed down some fish when I first arrived...Mmm Mmmmmmmm - DELICIOUS!!! :banana:

Thanks to all who prepared & cooked the fish!

·
5,631 Posts
I can see why it took you a while to get that formed in your noggin, Kurt. Well said. But, from all of us: thank YOU!! You were an integral part of what made this weekend tick.

Cheers!:cheers:

·
Retired
9,536 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
I can see why it took you a while to get that formed in your noggin, Kurt. Well said. But, from all of us: thank YOU!! You were an integral part of what made this weekend tick.

Cheers!:cheers:
Ditto---

Again Kurt Thanks----You ran the auction great and were also a big part of the succes of the week-end!:cheers:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Kurt

Harry & Laura = deer-hunter & wife

my son Bill & Britani = deer_slayer & wife
I know.... too many names, too many beverages, so few brain cells left.:rotfl::rotfl:
Thanks for all the fish fryin':cheers:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yip Harry, I just got your monikers switched around. Sorry bout that. :bangin: Heck of it is, I knew, it was just a slip. I am normally pretty good about that sort of thing. I'm sure you are right about the dead brain cells.

·
Under appreciated
92,601 Posts
Well.. I missed out on Friday nite but heard rave reviews.. :cheers:
Everyone else that helped.. well, doesnt surprise me in the least..

I did have some of the fish you fried on Saturday and it was very good.. thanks for that Kurt.

I dont see how that silent auction could have possibly worked without you.. you went way out of your
way to make sure things were organized, started and finished in good time..
My hats off to ya. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.