Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my landowners asked me take his 10 year old grandson this morning. Since my brother got a bird yesterday morning, I sent him to one of my spots and met up with my new buddy Clayton. Called in this bird from a looong ways. Except for him shooting the bird when he out his head down, I was super impressed with the kid. He held it together as the bird slowly made his way across the field, and when I told him to shoot, he whispered back that a fence post that I couldn't see was in his way. He held off. You cant teach a kid that. Very exciting hunt. Kid ain't bigger than a minute. He asked me if he could go get his four wheeler to haul his turkey back and I told him sure. I was gathering my gear up when I heard him crank it up at the house. Looked up and saw him pulling up on this rig and I knew I had to take a picture!
Bird Phasianidae Tree Beak Turkey
Camouflage Tire Wheel Military camouflage Automotive tire

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Now that's great. Congrats to the new turkey Slayer. :tup:

Reactions: Hooks

· Registered
9,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got back to the house and met my brother who had struck out with no gobbles anywhere near at his first set up and we went to the farm where I killed my opening morning bird and struck up this guy on the first call around 9:30. He did the sloooow walk on the way in as well and died around 9:50. Beautiful hunt. He tagged out in two mornings with me. What a blessed day!
Plant Sunglasses Goggles Tree Wood

· Registered
21,443 Posts
That is awesome. Not sure how I missed this thread the first time through. I must have been turkey hunting lol. Never seen a turkey as big as a 4-wheeler until today.

Reactions: Hooks
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.