My morning!

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by smcjbh3, Nov 14, 2010.

1. smcjbh3

smcjbh3 Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southwest Missouri
    Quick deer hunting history. Been hunting now for 7 years. Have killed 6 deer, all with a rifle, one hanger. Have never let a deer walk. Started bow hunting this year. Have yet to have anything come into range, but have seen some. I hunt mainly for the food. Big ones are a great bonus. Ok with that said, here is my morning. Been hunting on a friends property all 7 years. This is the 1st season after taking the hanger. We decided, or he did to hunt for the big ones. So I obliged and agreed with him. At 830 I had a doe/spike come in. She/he walked 50 yds in front of me in a timber. 10 minutes later I had a doe coming right at me. As she got to the edge she turned back towards the timber and that's when I seen a basket 4 or 6 right on her rear. I threw the grunt, the weeze, the bleat, and the kitchen sink. He never responded and they went on to produce more wonderful creatures. 10 minutes later I had a button come out the same way and continue down the edge of the timber, bout 15 yds away. I passed on him due to my promise. Set tell 9 bc I had stuff to do. Best hunt I have ever had. Learned more about deer from watching those 4 because I let them go.

2. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    There is a lot to learn about deer by just observing for awhile. Some of my best hunts have never put meat on the table, those are the ones I remember the most :2thumbsup:

3. dpd925

dpd925 Member

Nov 16, 2009
  4. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Sounds like a successful hunt.

:claphands:

5. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
  6. mainstreet

mainstreet Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Fenton
    Always something to learn.

7. smcjbh3

smcjbh3 Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southwest Missouri
    Very fun. Taking my wife for her 1st hunt. Hope one comes out to play so she can see why all of us are this passionate. Thanks guys.

8. smcjbh3

smcjbh3 Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southwest Missouri
    Very fun. Taking my wife for her 1st hunt. Hope one comes out to play so she can see why all of us are this passionate. Thanks guys.

9. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    If I killed the 1st deer I saw iwould miss out on thousands of experienes each year!