Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since DSG wanted to see my turkey gun without the camo tape I stripped it this afternoon. Took some doing to get all the sticky stuff off. Used a whole can of Gun Scrubber. It started out being a sawed off slick barreled Winchester Model 12 12 gauge. The stock had been replaced with a rough sawn birdseye maple stock and forearm. I bought it from a co-worker for $75. That is what he had paid for it years ago. I finished fileing the stock to suit me and even shortened it an inch to fit. It had an old White Line pad on it that was still in good shape. I patterned the 20 inch barrel and it covered a folded out newspaper easily at 15 steps with #7 1/2's. Not much good except for home protection. I found a 30 inch solid ribbed full choke barrel at a gun show for $150. I put them together and I have my most tight shooting 12 gauge that I own. It even out shoots my $1800 Browning O/U even with extended turkey chokes. Here are the pics. The first one is with the camo tape and the rest are without. Not bad for $225.....eh?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Sweet! Looks great!:eek:

·
5,632 Posts
What a BEAUTIFUL gun!

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
i'd say not bad that is a peeuuuuutttttttyyyyyy

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Very nice lookin gun!!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Great work Mailman, and yes, that IS a heck of a price.

I love the Bird's Eye Maple :eek:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
awesome gun!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by Hayzer
I love the Bird's Eye Maple :eek:
No kidding! I just finished my first turkey call made out of the stuff here a couple days ago. I'll put it in another thread.

Parker

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Parker....I think I will try my hand at making a box call out of birdseye maple. I've made them out of cedar and walnut before. Even if it doesn't sound good it will sure Look Great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.