Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

My IA buck (with Pic)

3K views 45 replies 38 participants last post by  fishshooter 
#1 ·
Well I had an AWESOME trip to Iowa. I didn't get the great big buck I seen, but I did harvest a Nice mature buck. I passed on several bucks that were bigger than this one, but that's the way it goes. This buck had been shot in the back leg and was not getting around very well at all. I decided to take him. He has really nice bases and a heavy beam. He would have been REAL nice had he not broken the browtine and end of the mainbeam.

[file]86078[/file]

[Edited on 12/22/2009 by DForbis]

#4 ·
Ya done good Derek.

#9 ·
Thats a good deer. If his leg was permanently damaged that was probably the best rack he would ever have.:eek::

:cheers::cheers:

#17 ·
Real cool! I was beginning to think you fell off the face of the planet.

BTH

#22 ·
[rquote=1520964&tid=106008&author=Lungbuster44]what did you shoot him with forb? def good buck[/rquote]

Shot him with a 12 guage shotgun (smooth bore barrell). I was using a rifled winchester slug. I shot him laying down. I was on one hillside and he was down below me. I hit him high on one side of his shoulder and exited low on the other side. He didn't even get up.

#26 ·
[rquote=1521027&tid=106008&author=SHEDHEAD]:eek::eek::eek:Definately got some mass!!

:eek:::eek:::eek::AWESOME BUCK DF!!!

Got any more pics of him you could share?[/rquote]

I have a couple more pics, but they didn't turn out too well. I also just noticed that I forgot to set the date on the cameara. Sorry guys, this photo isn't from 2004:hysterical::hysterical:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.