My Golden has a tumor-UPDATE

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Big L, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    I felt a lump on my golden retrievers side a couple days ago while bathing her.So we scheduled an appt and sorry to say it is cancerous.The vet will spay ? her and remove the tumor Friday.We may have caught it in time before it entered her lungs.I lost my male golden 3 years ago to the same thing.Hopefully everything turns out alright and we will be wading the rivers for a couple more years.She is almost 12 and I bought her a life jacket last year so I can tow her behind me while wading.She loves just floating behind me instead of workin her butt off in the deeper water to keep up.I will post up results next week.

Well everything went alright,she just laid around for a couple days wouldnt eat or drink then sunday morning she got a whiff of bacon and it was on.I took her outside and she immediately started chasin lizards.My gal called me from the vet Friday wanting to know if I wanted to send the tumor off for testing and I said for what they already told me it was malignant that is why we had it removed.I figured it would do no good so I kept my hundred dollars and total was only $300 instead of 5.Looks like she is almost back to normal and soon as the wounds heal we are heading to the river:woot:

2. 90acres

90acres The good ole days

Mar 4, 2003
    Wardsville
    Sorry to hear that Big L, good luck with her.

3. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
    Best wishes for you and the dog Big L

4. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    Sad news indeed. I am sure every thing turn out ok. :innocent:

5. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope all turns out okay.

6. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Thanks sure hope so.She is a really good dog and loves it when the kids climb on her she follows em thru the house like a shadow.She is gettin up there in years so I think I am gonna start lookin for another Golden retriever either way.They have been the best dogs I have ever had and are very loyal and protective when duty calls. :cheers: to my ol dogs.

7. battman1

battman1 Active Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Ray Co. Mo.
    Sure hate to hear that.Hope she comes out of it ok.

8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Best of luck BigL.

9. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Good luck to her, I hope it all goes well.....:wave:

10. HomertheHunter

HomertheHunter Active Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Kearney, MO
    Sorry to hear that Big L. I am with you on goldens being great dogs. We have "Chief" who will be 4 in a couple days and he is a wonderful pet. Every kid in the neighborhood loves him. I hope everything works out with your dog. Keep us updated.

11. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
  12. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Certainly hope all goes well.

13. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Hope she comes out of it all right and you have a couple more years with her. 12 years is getting old for a dog, so it sounds like you already have a bunch of good memories.

14. archer66

archer66 5 shots 1 kill

Jun 21, 2008
    Man hope all turns out ok. My duck dog is a golden too and I love him to death.

15. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
  16. Squatch

Squatch New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Barnhart, Mo
    Best wishes on a healthy recovery!:cheers:

17. :claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands::claphands:

18. blevely

blevely White Board Man