Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you guys post up your Deer mount pics cause my brother is trying to decide on which type to choose.

Thanks

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by Joeyman]

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
What's he mounting, a deer?:wave:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Public land 12

[file]83396[/file]

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by Joeyman]

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I would mount it to what ever position accents what he likes best about the antlers...Or how he remembered the deer when he fist saw it.
My daughters biggest buck was grooming himself when she shot it...Wish we woulda got the mount like that...Licking his back.

Like if one antler is bigger than the other or if one has more charactor on one side I'd mount it with the head turned so that antler is most visible.

Also,where will it be hung?You don't want it staring into a corner if that's the only place you have to hang it.

I myself love pedistal mounts!

TELL HIM GREAT DEER BTW JOEY!!!

·
Banned
24,572 Posts
All I got is Bwahahahahahahaha :D

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
[rquote=1504250&tid=104948&author=SHEDHEAD]Or how he remembered the deer when he fist saw it.
[/rquote]

I agree.
I have both of mine in positions that may not have been the first time I saw them, but were the memorable ones.

Of course he needs to figure out where he wants to put it in the house. If it can only go on one wall, it has to be faced correctly.

·
Banned
24,572 Posts
Joey

I tried to send you a pic of my archery mount, but you have me blocked. What gives? :cheers:

You know, Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Here is a Full Sneek

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by jwgossage]

[file]83415[/file]

·
Registered
475 Posts
Here is a Upright Straight and here is a Left Semi Sneek

[file]83416[/file]

·
Registered
475 Posts
Here is a Right Turn Semi Sneek and the Full Sneek

[file]83417[/file]

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by jwgossage]

·
Registered
32,435 Posts
I like the one Pinwheel was thinking about. Not sure if it is the one he picked. It is a semi-aggressive mount with a slight turn in the body.

[Edited on 12-9-2009 by Reflex]

·
Registered
475 Posts
The one i shot this year came up over my hill with his nose in the air sniffing- Im going to try to see if I can get something Similar to that-

·
Former Chicken Man
20,147 Posts
I think SHEDHEAD covered the things to consider pretty well. :cheers:

Here's my grooming mount;

[file]83418[/file]

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[rquote=1504440&tid=104948&author=Reflex]I like the one Pinwheel was thinking about. Not sure if it is the one he picked. It is a semi-aggressive mount with a slight turn in the body.

[/rquote]

I want to see that. PW where are you?

·
Registered
32,435 Posts
Something like this.

NEW! "8000" SERIES WHITETAIL DEER BUCK

SHOULDER FORM.

This buck form is a semi-upright with very little offset shoulder. It is an aggresive pose with chin down in the charging position

[file]83419[/file]

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:thinking:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
[rquote=1504444&tid=104948&author=GoGop]I think SHEDHEAD covered the things to consider pretty well. :cheers:

Here's my grooming mount;

[/rquote]thats a neat mount nvr seen one like that before:eek::

1 - 20 of 66 Posts