Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On saturday we hit up ghbeagles farm again. My brother and I sat in my stand and to my surprise we both fit in it.....lol It was a nice morning but we didn't see a thing not even a squirrel....lol Very few shots I thought more folks would of been out saturday.

I want to thank ghbeagle for letting me hunt his farm and letting me hang a stand at his property and letting me help out with food plots and all that good stuff and of course helping me get my first deer ever. Thanks alot Tracy you're a good friend. Now its bunny time so come on!!!!

So fast forward to Saturday evening my good buddy mike calls me up to check on Pistol and see how he is doing. I run dogs with him and rabbit hunt with him every once and awhile. So we talk about deer hunting and stuff and how they killed 5 opening morning at his brothers property and that his brother and friends went to their other property for the second weekend. So that left the farm open and guess what noone was hunting it........lol He said well do you want to try for a few hours I was like heck yeah. Its a 500ac farm and you have to drive thru a gate to get in its locked and all that. The single gravel road takes you all the way back it opens to fields and what not looks nice.

So he sets me up near a creek and my brother and him drive off to another area of the farm near a small pond drops my brother off and Mike got in his usual spot near a fence deal that has cedars nearby. I sat and waited and waited then I heard something coming at coming fast I see 3 does got ready and let er eat. That .270 leaves some good sized holes....lol I'm using the balistics shells they are shiny silver color. They do a great job.

My brother killed his before me. Said he saw only the one single doe and poped it with his trusty 30-30. He was able to fill his bonus tag after taking his buck opening day.

I got pics hang on

[file]80590[/file]

[file]80588[/file]

[file]80587[/file]

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Good season Joey! You guys are gonna have to roll a lot of bunnies to equal the deer meat ya'll have put in the freezer in one week.:cheers:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
:claphands::claphands::claphands:

A COUPLE NATURAL BORN KILLERS!!!

CONGRATS GUYS!

And a toast to ghbeagles for helpin you guys out!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
man your more than welcome to come out anytime..i told you this was your year...if you didnt get one out of that food plot stand it would be your fault...you forgot to tell the funny part tho...you shot the same deer i shot remember the yellow fletchin in the shoulder....lol...that ws pretty cool im glad she lived and just didnt get found..congrats on your first of many deer to caome..we will hunt that other farm some more too next year

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,915 Posts
Great job Joeyman!

·
PURE KILLER
38,018 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My deer fun is over. IT"S RABBIT TIME putting them down whacking and stacking till Feb 15th bring it on bring it on..........You bunny rabbits better watch yourselves. I'm coming and the dogs are coming with me.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good job man,

Not trying to start a debate, but my 270 puts it on em pretty good like that too. I let my son use it Sat. evening, and he killed his 1st deer ever with it, a doe. He was shaking like a leaf, and made a bad shot, in the neck, but it about to the head off that doe. I wanted to post pics. but it was graphic.

BTW. love the AW line "let it eat"

ghbeagles
you get enough meat for that family this year, I left you a message on Sat.?

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,312 Posts
[rquote=1482848&tid=103668&author=ghbeagles]man your more than welcome to come out anytime..i told you this was your year...if you didnt get one out of that food plot stand it would be your fault...you forgot to tell the funny part tho...you shot the same deer i shot remember the yellow fletchin in the shoulder....lol...that ws pretty cool im glad she lived and just didnt get found..congrats on your first of many deer to caome..we will hunt that other farm some more too next year[/rquote]

Way to put the guys on em GH:cheers:

Congrats to your bro Joey

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
i do my best i really just wanted to see him get his first and enjoy it with him..i was huntin another farm at the time when i got his text and came right home to see it and enjoy the look on his face...i think i made a deer hunter for life now...i was just as happy for him as he was for himself

1 - 15 of 15 Posts