My Bow Kill from Last Night

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by rkespelher, Nov 2, 2010.

1. rkespelher

rkespelher New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Hey all! Found you a while back, but hadn't registered. Wanted to show you my bow kill from last night, Nov. 1. Shot him in Benton County around 5 p.m. Quartering to me (not good) but shot into his shoulder with a rage and put a hole in the heart. I am so excited. By the way, the deer were really moving yesterday.

Question: Who do you guys recommend near Jefferson City as a taxidermist?

[file]145345[/file]

[file]145343[/file]

2. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    Nice buck and welcome aboard! :cheers::claphands:

3. T.R.

T.R. Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Mercer County
    Cool rack on that one.:cheers:

4. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Way to make a splash with your first post. :cheers:
    Heckuva buck, how's about some more detail to the story?

5. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Nice deer, kinda reminds me of the legendary double nut deer.....:thinking:

Congrats on a great deer, and welcome to the forum.:cheers:

6. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Way to go man. Nice buck

7. rkespelher

rkespelher New Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Someone asked for more story...here goes. First of all, jumped a 8 pt about 6 yds in front of me in brush going to stand...young deer. Got in about 4:30. Saw this guy at about 4:45 100 yards (corn field between us)away cruisin edge of woods. He was upwind. I tried my rattle pack and he stopped for a moment, but then kept cruisin into the woods. Came back out about 5 looked over my way. Crossed the corn field. Jumped the fence and I shot him about 12 yards away. Looked up at me then looked away and I shot. I'd like to think he came back to the rattlin he heard, but may have been just wanting to get to my little patch of woods to check for does.

Still looking for advice on taxidermist near Jeff City? I have used a couple and not been real impressed. Thanks guys for the kind words. Nothin like a bow kill.

8. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    u2u about a taxi

9. LeeinMo

LeeinMo Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Kearney
    Very, very nice buck. I wish to think I could put a buck down that big with a bow??? Sheesh... Welcome aboard sorry not my neck of the woods for a taxidermist. Lee

10. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    sure beats my bow kill from last night:D congrats nice buck:cheers:

11. I recommend Whisteling Wings Taxidermy in Harrisburg, MO. He is just north of columbia approximately 15 miles. He has a website.

Awesome buck!!!:cheers::claphands:

12. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1875328&tid=130628&author=rkespelher]Someone asked for more story...here goes. First of all, jumped a 8 pt about 6 yds in front of me in brush going to stand...young deer. Got in about 4:30. Saw this guy at about 4:45 100 yards (corn field between us)away cruisin edge of woods. He was upwind. I tried my rattle pack and he stopped for a moment, but then kept cruisin into the woods. Came back out about 5 looked over my way. Crossed the corn field. Jumped the fence and I shot him about 12 yards away. Looked up at me then looked away and I shot. I'd like to think he came back to the rattlin he heard, but may have been just wanting to get to my little patch of woods to check for does.

Still looking for advice on taxidermist near Jeff City? I have used a couple and not been real impressed. Thanks guys for the kind words. Nothin like a bow kill.
    [/rquote]

Sweet buck & great sounding hunt. Congrats & welcome to MWT.

As for the taxidermist, contact our very own coyotehunter. He's in Mexico & will do you a good job.

13. BigBuck573

BigBuck573 New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    I recommend Roger Vogel. He has done work for me and i have never heard of any bad work by him. He's in Linn, MO.

14. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1875362&tid=130628&author=pinwheel][rquote=1875328&tid=130628&author=rkespelher]Someone asked for more story...here goes. First of all, jumped a 8 pt about 6 yds in front of me in brush going to stand...young deer. Got in about 4:30. Saw this guy at about 4:45 100 yards (corn field between us)away cruisin edge of woods. He was upwind. I tried my rattle pack and he stopped for a moment, but then kept cruisin into the woods. Came back out about 5 looked over my way. Crossed the corn field. Jumped the fence and I shot him about 12 yards away. Looked up at me then looked away and I shot. I'd like to think he came back to the rattlin he heard, but may have been just wanting to get to my little patch of woods to check for does.

[/rquote]

Sweet buck & great sounding hunt. Congrats & welcome to MWT.

As for the taxidermist, contact our very own coyotehunter. He's in Mexico & will do you a good job.[/rquote]

X 2. but not a only good job, a GREAT job !!! :cheers:

15. TomMcD

TomMcD New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Central MO
    Broken Arrow Taxidermy in Iberia does awsome work. Let me know if you need contact info. Also Giggins Creek Taxidermy is about halfway between Wardsville and St. Thomas and does good work also.

16. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow! Great looking buck! And welcome to MWT!:claphands:

17. 20 feet high

20 feet high CROSSBOW HATER!

Feb 19, 2009
    very cool deer, great work on planting a mature deer! no help on the jc taxi, sorry.

18. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :eek: NICE DEER! CONGRATS!

Parker

19. Cedar Thicket

Cedar Thicket Blonde Bearded Guy

Awesome............congrats on a Great Missouri buck!!!!!

:cheers::claphands::eek:::cheers::claphands::eek::

20. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    you need to u2u Coyotehunter about taxi, he did two for me last year that turned out awsome and he has done alot for other people on this site, i live in holts summit hes in mexico, you wont be dissapointed i promise