my banks cash poor

Discussion in 'Social Club 2011' started by marshallgrn, Jun 1, 2009.

1. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    wife is down at the bank to get cash for the limo im buying today she tols them i wanted cash, they said they dont have that much cash on hand, ive never heard of this myself? our bank is a good size bank to with three branches and there all broke, they said they dont get there shipment in till thursday, so we just had them give us a bank draft check, just seemed weird to me

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Most small banks dont keep much cash on hand these days cuz most people dont use cash these days.

3. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [rquote=1281987&tid=89714&author=Rebel]Most small banks dont keep much cash on hand these days cuz most people dont use cash these days.[/rquote]

i just assumed they all had some cash around, not really needing all that much, i would feel sorry for some guy if he tried to rob the place, he wouldnt get his troubles worth thats for sure :D

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1281991&tid=89714&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1281987&tid=89714&author=Rebel]Most small banks dont keep much cash on hand these days cuz most people dont use cash these days.[/rquote]

i just assumed they all had some cash around, not really needing all that much, i would feel sorry for some guy if he tried to rob the place, he wouldnt get his troubles worth thats for sure :D[/rquote]

They prolly do have some "emergency" cash.. but yeah most banks dont keep much cash on hand, cash is always flowing from lil banks to big banks to the fed.. back n fourth. unless the bank is of big size you wont find much big amounts of cash anymore on hand

5. TATER

TATER Well-Known Member

Their bonding companies also put limits on the amount of cash they can have on hand. And the bonding companies have cut that back significantly to reduce their risk. Many require a 24 hour notice if you want a larger cash withdrawal. FYI Large cash withdrawals (or deposits) also have to be reported to our least favorite Uncle.

6. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    If Marshall would put a little $$$$$$$$$$ in the bank then I could take a little out of the bank:roll2:

7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE REQUIRED TO KEEP A CERTAIN PERCENTAGE OF DEPOSITS ON HAND!

8. blevely

blevely White Board Man

Jul 15, 2004
    Here and There
  9. Trad-hunter

Trad-hunter Active Member

Oct 22, 2007
    S W Mo.
    Its all just numbers anymore. Thats the problem!

10. Seadevil

Seadevil New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    Scott City, MO
    Having worked in a bank, I could see where not keeping large amounts of cash on hand has become the norm. It actually is a cost to the bank for the amount of cash that is kept, also, there is a charge when ordering cash from the Fed.

A perfect example is that when I was managing a branch, I tended to be overly cautious in the amount I kept on hand. As with the case above, did not want to get caught short if somebody needed it. After a while I was told to cut down on the amount kept on hand for cost reasons.

11. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    money aint free ;)

12. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    money at a bank is the same as boats in stock at a boat store

inventory costs

the less you got the less overhead = less monthly cost

sure it may be a pita in a crunch, but the pro's outweight the cons tremendously

imo

13. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1282394&tid=89714&author=Rebel]money aint free ;)[/rquote]

:bs: they just print more when they need it

14. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1282397&tid=89714&author=Jeremy][rquote=1282394&tid=89714&author=Rebel]money aint free ;)[/rquote]

:bs: they just print more when they need it[/rquote]

:rof2:

if it was only that easy

15. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    All them bankers are crooked :D

No it makes sense to me, less overhead, less incentive to rob ect

Our least favorite uncle knows everything, not sure why we even file our taxes since they got all our info, guess they like to double check and make sure their close :shrug:

16. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    did they happen to mention what time on thursday they would be getting their shipment of money in. just wonderin:)

17. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    back when i was building my house i wanted some cash on hand, i went in and asked for 25,000.00 in cash and was told that they needed 48 hours notice
    and any thing over 10,000.00 i had to sign a sheet that goes too uncle for review.

18. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1282428&tid=89714&author=winger]did they happen to mention what time on thursday they would be getting their shipment of money in. just wonderin:)[/rquote]

:whistle:

:rof2: