My 308 and what she did.

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Thayer, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Here is pic from my second br competition with my rig...just a club shoot, but I was very pleased to come in fourth with this shooting.

2. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Here is my girl.

3. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Great looking rig and nice shooting! Way to go!

4. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Now that's a sweet gun!
    Shootin' ain't too bad either!
    :cheers::cheers:

5. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Thats a pretty darn good 200 yrd target. I'd say ya got the 308 tuned pretty good.

:cheers::cheers:

6. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Before Deer season at mobiggies we have a 200 yrd grouping shoot out..3 shot groups...aint saying we compare with that tho but then we just shoot our deer huntin rigs.
    we call it the

Howard County Lead Slingers Ball

..we have other names but they aint pC so I wont tell'em..Mobiggie would get mad
    :cheers::sniper:

Nice Shootn

7. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Good shooting.........Congrats

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Sweet rig, and good shootin!!!

Beanpile, that sounds like fun....I guess you prolly know the Schlotzhauer's over that way...and the Day boys??? Used to trail ride with em all back in the good ole days.....

9. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Thank you fellas, the top score that day was 97 and 5x, two shot that and the other guy shot a 96 with 5x...I was real happy with my Savage 12fvss, kinda modified. I think if my breathing and trigger control was better, I could have won...but I fold under pressure, always have. I would like to see what kinda stuff you guys do with your rigs to get them to shoot right...

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I would like to try a shoot sometime with my 25-06...might just have to try it this summer....

11. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

the guy that won last year had a heavy barel ruger in a 25-06..he hunts withthat log..but then he shoots deer in the foot/butt etc

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Nice shootin there! What kinda scope you got on that rascal?

13. thh058

thh058 Active Member

May 12, 2005
    Jefferson County
    nice shootin'! :cheers:

the .308 sure is a good shooting round. my dad bought me and my brothers each an M1A for our college graduation. Mine is Springfield Armory's loaded standard topped with Springfield Armory's 6x40 range finding reticule scope. the gun sure does shoot better than i can!

14. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    man thats alot better shooting than the averge duck that for sure. way to go man

15. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Rat it is a Burris 8x32 with AO...I really like it and man do you have to watch your breathing and heartbeats.

16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I am getting my 12FVSS tomorrow and gonna put a burris 4.5X-14X-42 on it.

Glad to hear it!

17. buckbuster14

buckbuster14 New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Moberly, Missouri
    Nice setup you got there.

18. Thayer

Thayer New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Imperial, Mo
    Let me know if you need any advice on how to break it in...might not be what you are looking to do with it, but if you will clean it up good after a few shots till you get 100 pellets down the bore...you will thank yourself later.

19. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Thanks thayer... I'll let you know what happens. I plan on fine tuning it early next week. What should I do initially? From what I hear, I should drill in at 2" above at 100yds.