My 15 yro arrowed a 10 point(now with story and PIC)

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by stuffer2000, Nov 10, 2010.

1. stuffer2000

stuffer2000 New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    South Dakota
    Heres the whole story and its gonna be a little long winded but I was right there with him when he shot him.
    My son has had his archery tag for about a month now and has shown little interest in going. That kind of discouraged me because I dont force him to go, he goes when he wants. My wife told me last night that he wanted to go hunting that afternoon, but I did not here about it until I came back from an awesome bowhunt. I asked him if he wanted to go bowhunting today and he said yes and that I needed to pick him up after school. Yesterday I hunted in a 600 acre grown up pasture and grunted 2 120 class bucks right up to me as I sat on the ground. It is hoppin up here right now. I picked my son up and we headed for the pasture we had my deer decoy and rattlin antlers and I knew where we needed to set up. we got set up along a creek and began our sit. Right away we could see deer but they were 4 to 5 hundred yards away and that is how it stayed until 20 minutes before the end of shooting time when I looked a couple hundred yards down the creek and saw a buck coming. I told him to get ready because we had a buck coming and he was going to get a shot. We were set up against a downed cottonwood tree that fell into the creek and we had DOOBIE the deer decoy set up about 12 yards from the downed tree. The buck got to about 70 yards and I grunted at him and he laid his ears back and started postureing as he came closer. My son watched him the whole way. At 25 yards I thought he was going to cross to the other side of the creek but he changed his mind and kept coming. When he was 10 yards away I heard a twang and looked over at my son,he had hit his release and his arrow fell on the ground. The buck never even looked he was intent on killing my decoy. My son calmly picked up the arrow put it back on the string drew and 10 ringed him. We watched him go down about a hundred yards away. This is his 4th deer in 4 years with a bow and I have been with him for 3 of them. The experience of hunting with my son means more than any booner ever would. My youngest will start bowhunting next year and I cant wait. Any way here he is.
    [file]147449[/file]

2. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO

3. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Sweet, congrats to him.:cheers:

4. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    [file]147445[/file]

not really i just want to see the pics of he happy hunter!

5. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

Thats What I am, talking about Great story and Pic CONGRATS to You Both :cheers:

6. mofarmboy

mofarmboy Active Member

Nov 18, 2007
    central mo.
    congrats to your son sounds like a heckofa hunt!!!!!!

7. X Bow T

X Bow T Original Cafe'Member

Nov 21, 2002
    N & S of the MO
  8. mag1

mag1 Active Member

:eek:: Awesome, congrats to your son and you.

9. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::eek:::eek:::eek:::eek:::eek:::eek:: I love it congrats :claphands::claphands::claphands:

10. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    heck yea worth the wait

:eek::

11. oops I think my buttons sticking :D

12. SHEDHEAD

SHEDHEAD New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    :eek:::eek:::eek:::eek::
    AWESOME STORY! AWESOME BUCK!!!

Congrats to the young man!

13. Mofireman39

Mofireman39 Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Awesome story...thanks for sharing. Congrats to your son.

MoFire

14. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
  15. Great story and :kewlpics: Congrats to both you and your boy :cheers:

16. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    Too cool!!:claphands: