Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about a MWT fishin turny or get ta gedder in central MO. Say LOZ or Truman. Has it been done? Some of the members who know the resorts might have some ideas. Throw in da boats, fish, have a fish fry if we are lucky or beans and wieners if were not..eh!

·
5,632 Posts
I'm there!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I'm leaning towards TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsSnowman. However because its so long I may abbrieviate it to Snowman:bangin:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Post a date and we'll run with it. Another great idea to get some awesome people together.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Alhonna resort (LOZ)is a nice place to get together they have indoor outdoor pool for the family a restaurant & bar and will serve bisquits and gravy on the morning of your tournament, and they have a wide range of room prices also.. and... they are close to all the shopping and entertainment...:cheers:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Sounds good! How's about a campout rather than a "resort experience." The Warsaw area would be good. Lots of good campgrounds there. Everwhat everyone else wants to do. If that's what ya wanna do I know the area very well and could help put it together.

:cheers:

·
6,644 Posts
Sounds good, just get a date set. My weekends are filling up quickly. Put me in for a boat. And a tent with a hole in it.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think Mailman goes to Osage beach in the Warsaw area. Doesn't that have boff camping and rooms or something. Plus the area would have rooms fur sure.

·
Registered
70,466 Posts
I'm not saying that I am participating in the fishn turny campout at this time but the area at Osage Bluff Marina has a full marina with slip rental and room rental at the Lodge at the top of the hill. Right across from the marina is a campground for full hookups with a laundry/shower house along with sites for just tents. Warsaw is just 15 minutes away. The only thing it doesn't have is a swimming beach for the kids but it does have a playground at the campground. It is located just off 83 hiway about 15 minutes from Warsaw. Here is the site for info if anyone is interested in putting something together. Click on the appropriate choices at the top of the page for info. Check it out.....http://www.osagebluff.com/ Oh yeah....check out the photo section on the above link for 2005....can you find Mailmans picture??

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman

can you find Mailmans picture??
Too easy! ;)

As far as the swimmin beach there is one there. It's in the corps campground.

Berry Bend would be another good choice if you were going to Truman. It's got great campsites and a beach and a little more secluded. There's no comercialization there which adds to it's charm. THe fishin is as good as it gets on Truman in that area too.

But then on the other hand. Sparrowfoot up on the shallow end (near Clinton) has awesome campsites, a beach and has some of the best fishin you can find. The water is a little dirtier up there which helps the fishin but you need to take a shower after swimmin in it. :)

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I'll second Berry Bend and Sparrow Foot. For bigger bass I'll go with Sparrow Foot but probably tougher to fish.

Jack

·
Under appreciated
92,110 Posts
Nice fish Mailman.. very nice. :cheers:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
hmmmm....Anyone thought of a weekend yet?

Sounds like the building process will take a halt to attend another campout.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must be addictted to MWT. We are spending da night in WI Dells on our way to MO. I have not even finished my first beer and I had to log on :horse:.

Just please yuuuse guys wait till after the middle of June so this large round white man can attend!EH Unlike the second annual 3d shoot! June 3....) Man I wish I could visit that!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.