Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I do not hunt with a muzzleloader, just not my cup of tea. This weekend, I saw a video on one of the hunting shows where a guy was hunting with a modern muzzleloader. The bullet BOUNCED off the shoulder blade of the buck he was hunting. They showed it in slow motion a couple times. It was crazy. I couldn't belive that could happen. Has anyone else seen this video?

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
Saw it, couldn't believe it either. What was more amazing was beeing able to see the bullet on its way to the deer. very cool footage.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am glad they dont have any footage of an arrow bouncing off a deer. Boy o Boy the anti's would have a field day. :banghead:

·
Registered
21,498 Posts
Seen a .38 Slug bounce off a Black Friends Head :eek:

What kind of Bullet was it??

oneshot
:D The Big Grin don't even want to get that close.

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Originally posted by Hoytaholic
I am glad they dont have any footage of an arrow bouncing off a deer. Boy o Boy the anti's would have a field day. :banghead:
We have home video footage of an arrow bounceing off of a bucks shoulder. It happened just this past season.

If the shots with a muzzleloader are stretched to far,,,they tend to run out of gas,,,,just like any projectile will. Regardless of what some folks believe most muzzleloaders don't have much punkin left at 300 yards.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Underclocked
gonna hafta remember that one!! :hysterical:

Sure it was the bullet that bounced? Maybe a sabot or the base of a PowerBelt?

Rubber bullets?
Exactly what I was thinkin, or they sho don't know how to load one up!!!!!

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
It was the bullet. With the camera doing very slow motion you could see the bullet on its path. You could see the impact, hitting the shoulder at an angle and the bullet bouncing away. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
When I first started to reload amunition, I missread the scale. I was suposto put 5.2 powder in and instead did 2.5 loaded up 100 and then took .45 out and did some shooting. Lukilly my mistake was under charged and not over charged. Still was so under charged slide dint sicle back and I could watch the round go down range and hit target and bounce off. Now i know the fotage you mentiond was a ML but If they under loaded it or had defective discs or powder. One could get same result.

·
Registered
21,417 Posts
I don't recall the exact details, but if memory serves me, (and bear in mind it was a long time ago I saw the video), I think they used 100gr. of powder and the deer was a little over 100 yards away.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Originally posted by bowhuntershan
it was probably because of the way it was loaded.
I've been reading this topic and wondering the cause of the bounce... Would the improper load be because of the hunter not setting the bullet properly, ie not forcing the bullet and power snug to eachother?

Just a newbie to the M/L'ing thing wondering...

·
1,196 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the video? I would like to see that. I would'nt stand in front of my ML 100 yards down range. I'd look like swiss cheese if I did. I've shot deer at 100 yards and they generally fold right up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.