Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the rules experts.

Can a person take both muzzleloader and a bow with them at the same time? I will expand that a little, what about the same thing during antlerless season?

Just curious--Thanks in advance

·
Registered
69,939 Posts
Wrong-O

Quote straight from the book....

3 CSR 10-7.432 Deer: Archery Hunting
Season
PURPOSE: This rule establishes the archery
deer hunting season, limits, and provisions
for hunting.
(1) The archery deer hunting season is September
15, 2009, through January 15, 2010,
excluding the November portion of the
firearms deer hunting season. Use archery
methods only; firearms may not be possessed.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
[rquote=1507976&tid=105168&author=Mailman]Wrong-O

Quote straight from the book....

3 CSR 10-7.432 Deer: Archery Hunting
Season
PURPOSE: This rule establishes the archery
deer hunting season, limits, and provisions
for hunting.
(1) The archery deer hunting season is September
15, 2009, through January 15, 2010,
excluding the November portion of the
firearms deer hunting season. Use archery
methods only; firearms may not be possessed.[/rquote]

What he said.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
69,939 Posts
[rquote=1508104&tid=105168&author=Outdoorsman]Can you take Bow instead of Muzzleloader during Black Powder Season? If so, do you check it in on a Bow Tag?[/rquote]

You can use your bow but have to tag with a archery tag or use a muzzle loader and use your firearms tag. You just can't have both in your possession at once. You can hunt with either during the muzzle loader season....but I would suggest to wear hunters orange to and from your stand location if you are bow hunting. Muzzle loaders are required to wear hunter orange while hunting. Bow hunters are not.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1508111&tid=105168&author=Mailman][rquote=1508104&tid=105168&author=Outdoorsman]Can you take Bow instead of Muzzleloader during Black Powder Season? If so, do you check it in on a Bow Tag?[/rquote]

You can use your bow but have to tag with a archery tag or use a muzzle loader and use your firearms tag. You just can't have both in your possession at once. You can hunt with either during the muzzle loader season....but I would suggest to wear hunters orange to and from your stand location if you are bow hunting. Muzzle loaders are required to wear hunter orange while hunting. Bow hunters are not.[/rquote]
Maybe I am wrong but I believe this is the first year that you cannot tag a bowkill taken during ML season with a rifle tag:confused:

[Edited on 12/13/2009 by Mojorisin]

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,166 Posts
[rquote=1508122&tid=105168&author=Mojorisin][rquote=1508111&tid=105168&author=Mailman][rquote=1508104&tid=105168&author=Outdoorsman]Can you take Bow instead of Muzzleloader during Black Powder Season? If so, do you check it in on a Bow Tag?[/rquote]

You can use your bow but have to tag with a archery tag or use a muzzle loader and use your firearms tag. You just can't have both in your possession at once. You can hunt with either during the muzzle loader season....but I would suggest to wear hunters orange to and from your stand location if you are bow hunting. Muzzle loaders are required to wear hunter orange while hunting. Bow hunters are not.[/rquote]
Maybe I am wrong but I believe this is the first year that you cannot tag a bowkill taken during ML season with a bow tag:confused:[/rquote]

If you shoot one with you bow during ML season, to be legal, you have to use your bow tag. Been that way as long as I can remember.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
[rquote=1508129&tid=105168&author=pinwheel][rquote=1508122&tid=105168&author=Mojorisin][rquote=1508111&tid=105168&author=Mailman][rquote=1508104&tid=105168&author=Outdoorsman]Can you take Bow instead of Muzzleloader during Black Powder Season? If so, do you check it in on a Bow Tag?[/rquote]

Maybe I am wrong but I believe this is the first year that you cannot tag a bowkill taken during ML season with a bow tag:confused:[/rquote]

If you shoot one with you bow during ML season, to be legal, you have to use your bow tag. Been that way as long as I can remember.[/rquote]
I meant shot with a bow & tagged with a rifle tag, sorry....maybe I don't know what I meant....I think we have went over this one before:confused:

[Edited on 12/13/2009 by Mojorisin]

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
There now, all better:peepwall:

·
Registered
31 Posts
[rquote=1508152&tid=105168&author=Mojorisin][rquote=1508129&tid=105168&author=pinwheel][rquote=1508122&tid=105168&author=Mojorisin][rquote=1508111&tid=105168&author=Mailman][rquote=1508104&tid=105168&author=Outdoorsman]Can you take Bow instead of Muzzleloader during Black Powder Season? If so, do you check it in on a Bow Tag?[/rquote]

If you shoot one with you bow during ML season, to be legal, you have to use your bow tag. Been that way as long as I can remember.[/rquote]
I meant shot with a bow & tagged with a rifle tag, sorry....maybe I don't know what I meant....I think we have went over this one before:confused:

[Edited on 12/13/2009 by Mojorisin][/rquote]
Henry is right on the money. Thanks for looking in the book and including it in your post.
If you take a deer during ML season with your bow you must tag it with your unfilled archery deer tag. If you take it with the ML you must use your unfilled firearm deer tag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.