Muck Boots

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by BIG OL AL, Mar 10, 2006.

1. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    I just wanted to comment on Muck boots. I bought a pair last year in March. They are the most comfortable boots and warmest boots I have ever worn. I put them to the test last year and wore them every chance I could. I mean I tried to wear them out. I had caught them on barbed wire and didn't realize it and kept right on yanking my foot to get free thinking I was just hung on a vine and I could pull it loose. Well the barbed wire actually ripped the rubber part of the boot. But the rip didn't puncher the lining and did not cause the boots to leak. I also snagged a bit of the upper portion on something else, I think it was thorny trees. Still the boots did not leak. But since I had a year warranty, I called Norcross (the makers of Muck Boots) and told them that the boots had developed some holes. She gave me a number to the distributor. I called them and they said take them back where I bought them from. The problem there was, it is a 5 hour drive and told her that. She put me on hold. She got back on the phone ask for my name and address and said since these were not normal circumstances that they would just send me a new pair. When I ask if I had to return the other boots, she replied and said no. So now I have two pair of boots and will wear the year old ones until I have completely worn them out. I just can't say enough about how much I love these boots and how good the manufacture is. Everyone should have a pair!:cheers:

2. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Man. Customer service like that is hard to find now-a-days.

I'll consider them if I ever wear out my LaCrosse Neoprenes. :cheers:

3. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

:eek: since I'm not really familiar with these "muck boots" could youprovide a link. With customer service like that & a testimonial like yours..I gotta check these out.

Al you should write that story to those guys. They should put you on TV

4. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    When I bought my boots I had two freinds with me. When they seen these boots and how comfortable they were, they each bought a pair also, even though they didn't need a pair of boots. My one buddy had a pair but lost them to a fire. He told me that was one of the first things he bought was a new pair of Muck boots. We all bought the Fieldmaster boots. We caught them on sale at Braco's Family & Farm store in Milan Mo. Only paid $66.50 for them. They were listed @ $79. Here is a link to Muck boots site. Muck boots

5. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
  6. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

looks to be a really good boot

thanx

7. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Thanks for the info.

8. T- Bone

T- Bone New Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Wayne County Iowa
    I had a pair but barbed wire tore the heck out of them. They were still a good boot just didn't want to stand in the water to long.

9. bigredhusker

bigredhusker Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Liberty Missouri
    I need a pair of wear around the property, hunting (turkey, deer, rabbit, squirrel, etc.), all year round boots.. would these boots fit the bill? If not, other suggestions?

10. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

With Missouri's weather, it will be hard to find one boot to do it all. If it turns out to be 15 degrees on opening day of rifle season for deer, a boot that will keep your feet comfy then would burn them up if its 50 degrees the next day. Ya gotta love Mo's weather huh.

:cheers::cheers:

11. Crappie

Crappie Slab Master

I have several friends that where them and say they really like them.

12. BeardsnSpurs

BeardsnSpurs New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Are they really waterproof?