much happier now

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by beanpile, Mar 18, 2006.

1. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

So I went to the Stover gun show to look around..believe it or not I seen the guy I just bought the 9422 from. he asked if I brought it & I lied & said no...he was just leaving.:roll2: The show over all was'nt much to talk about, really did'nt see much that I thought was neat. Ther were a couple of guys with tables full of Winchester lever actions a couple of pre 64 30-30's made in 1952/54 for $325/350 (very good condition)I thought they would be worth 2X's that much..any hoo I asked 1 guy if he'd be interested in my 9422 & he said it was only worth $500..ok your an :ass:..so I :fart: and left. went down stairs and there was another guy who asked me to bring it straight to him..as I walkied it it made alot of people go:eek: so I :D'd alot. The guy offered me $525 I said :hysterical: then he went strait to $625 then to $650..so I said I'd have to think about it & a couple other guys wanted to look at it. As I was thinkn a gentleman came up & said he had one that he was sitting on. I told him what I was thinking and his advice was to sit on it for as long as I could afford to as its going to be a hot item & only get hotter...So I :dancin::banana:..had a :cheers: and went home.
    just think the the guy I bought that from woulda waited 18 hrs he coulda made $150 more than I gave him for it.

2. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    I agree with him. Those were some good prices on those 94's. They are going crazy on the auction sites. I watched one that was nothing fancy other than just a pre sidelock safety go for $656 and it was made in the seventies. :eek:

3. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Heck, that's just dumb, they made millions(7 or 8) of those things, literally. It's not like they are rare, everyone's had one at one time or another. Those that don't have them now, got rid of them, for a reason! Now they want a premium? PT Barnum sure had it right!

4. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    I woulda took the 650 and been happy with that interest rate. :D

5. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    I think you're right, Underclocked. I just didn't want to be the first to say it!:D:peepwall:

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I'm not greedy so I would have taken the $150 interest as well and bought me a rifle I could shoot.

Jack

7. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

I cant say your wrong

I guess in time I'll be provn right or wrong:confused:

8. Underclocked

Underclocked New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Greenfield, MO. USA
    You've got a great looking collectible in the meantime - that's worth something in itself. :)

9. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

oh dont think it was'nt tempting to take the $650 and i doubt it'l'l skyrocket in value between now & the next 6 monts when I'll probably HAVE to get rid of it.

I just look at it like a savings account right now..kinda like My Harley (but I can play with the HD)

10. Sell it now, while the fast money wants it. To borrow from the stock market guys; "Bears make money, Bulls make money, Pigs get slaughtered".

11. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Beanpile I was there on Saturday aroung 2:00. I must have missed you cause I would have noticed the gun at least if I didn't recognize you. I notice also that the model 70 Winchester pre-64 rifles were at a preimum price. A basic 30-06 was over $900. And that was with a cheap scope. I was just looking anyway. I didn't have enough "Gun Money" saved up yet. I did have one of their Heart Burn Chili dogs and paid for it later.:toilet: I had stopped by Snowmans place but he was just too busy building his garage to go to the show with me. If I could find me a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in a .243 I might just buy it by next fall. That is if I have enough "Gun Money" saved.

12. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

Must of just missed each other..next show is in September