Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

MTNF hog hunters

13K views 235 replies 16 participants last post by  oneshot 1 
I'm not sure about your part of the state. I mean around here there's not many hunters anymore. Probably why they are exploding everywhere around here. I have private to run. Mainly because of the failure of traps on the properties.
If you hunt on private ground, why not quit complaining on these threads... shut up and hunt where you already have permission and let them manage federal ground the way they want.

I don't feel like I complained. I meant fortunately I don't have to rely on National Forest. I might have complained the fact there is lacking manpower. Can you point out what you meant and also where you have any authority to tell anyone what to do. Let them manage it however they want? I don't see where I'm attempting to do anything to stop them from that. I hunt within my legal right. What's the issue RAT?
Complaining might be the wrong word and I suppose it is fine to feel as strong about it as you do.
I just don't get putting down their plan if it wont affect you anyway.

Putting down their plan. Do yourself a favor rat and visit state ground with no hunting for over two years then visit a state park with no hunting ever and come back and tell us how well there plan is working. I believe I just said there's not enough manpower and hogs get trap shy very very easy. Hopefully it works.
So what's your answer?

If you hunt on private ground, this doesnt affect you so why worry.

Henry what about state parks that have never allowed hunting. Rat I believe I said they don't have near enough ppl to control hogs on Mark Twain. It will effect ppl. Do you have any reason to be commenting if you're only allowed to have an opinion if you're effected. I mean I imagine the hogs are going to just take over now. I'll have to quit my job to hunt all the farms that need help. Guess it will effect me. It's something I enjoy but I also see the benefits to crops by keeping them off farms. How does it effect you rat.
affect

We have a farm in southern gasconade county and its just a matter of time before we have hog populations there. I'd rather not have legions of hog-doggers breaking up sounders to parts unknown.
I'll agree that there probably isnt a good solution to be had but releasing more hogs for sport hunting isnt helping things at all. About the only way to combat that is to make that activity illegal... and agree that this isnt a perfect solution either.

Reactions: WBF
According to this map they was there in 2017. I know they was in a lot of places that wasn't even represented on this map so it's a guessing game.
Were, not was.

Just a point of clarification, but has the MDC ever said that "eradication" was the goal?

Or has anyone here said that eradication was a goal or is even possible?

Making something illegal don't stop criminals lol
It does penalize the ones who get caught and may deincentivize future releases. Catching them in the act is the problem. I dont believe for a minute that if only 2 people got caught that only 2 people are doing it.

If you can't see Henry's role in all this then you can't be helped. when did I ever say I didnt see henrys role in this? It takes two to argue. All I was doing was reminding you of a poll where I specifically asked who follows who around, thats all. They have pages and pages of both of them stalking each other. Henry doesnt do the stalking. He doesnt follow Hawk around in any of Hawks threads until Hawk calls him out. Look back in this very thread. He was talking to other people when hawk swooped in as usual and started taking swipes at him. Even hawk admits that he follows him around... says he does it because henry needs corrected all the time. It's pathetic on both sides. Never disagreed on this And Henry comes on this thread and stirs up the same crap with these guys who live there, have first hand experiance, and basically calls them liars. And you know they are telling the truth? Do you think finding 14 hog traps is par for the course? Not calling anyone anything, but some of the things being claimed here dont jive exactly with me either. I refuse to believe that they caught the only 2 people that ever released hogs for sport hunting. That is grade A hogwash. I dislike or disagree with about 85% of what Henry says. Thats obvious. I agrue my points and point out what I feel is faulty logic. He calls me various names and questions my intelligence. He has been called all sorts of names and had his intelligence questioned constantly... is called a barnyard scientist, mental defect, on and on. Is he supposed to not fight back? Even you cannot seem to turn the other cheek on this stuff yet you expect Henry to. If you can't see all of that then you are a blind friend. Again, I never said I didnt see whats going on. Just reminding you that the majority in that poll regarded hawk as the stalker, not henry. Hawk and Henry are equally to blame. Agree.
above underlined

my thoughts exactly Bob :cheers:

I'm ok with most of what you said except.....the turn the other cheek part. He wants to call Hawk a name, hawk deserves that. agreeed But Find one example of me calling him anything? I am assuming he has called you a name? I'm not saying he did or didnt, just that sometimes I dont follow these bickering threads (nor do most people) and I may not have seen it. If he called you a name, you can either turn the other cheek or call him a name back. Questioning his methods yes..... questioning his posting yes.... not once have I called him or anyone on here a name. Now if I come across as thinking I am smarter than them I get that. Not my intention if it isnt your intention, you shouldnt be bragging about having a bunch of degrees.. by doing so, you are insinuating that the other person is dumb, thats how it comes across and I may protray that especially in the science field. But I don't have to turn the other cheek when someone calls me a variety of names. Correct, you dont HAVE to but at some level it will set you free. I've chosen to ignore one of them (example of how to turn the other cheek) yet he still insults me etc, and I'm not even arguing with him anymore. How does that make any sense? This is the guy you are defending? It doesn't bother me I just feel it is an awful way to have a discussion. Attack the messenger instead of logically argue the points. That's is why i point out his name calling at me. He does it every time he has no response.

Also why would these guys get on here and lie and offer to show him the proof? Again, I'm not saying they did or didnt lie. I will say that someone who feels strongly about something may be motivated to stretch the truth. We saw that in the crossbow debate. The anti people (not just here) were twisting statistics and in some cases outright lying about it in order to get their way. I didnt feel strongly one way or another until I saw how the anti folks were throwing a fit and figured I didnt want to side with the loonies :D
underlined again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.