Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Mark Twain for a little crappie fishing yesterday. Slept in and made it to the lake around 10. Put in at the Hwy 107 boat ramp and saw people on both sides of the fish cleaning station on the way in. A good sign!

Well...I fished hard for 6 hours and kept 4 crappie. Only caught 2 others that I didn't keep. Usually catch several dozen of the dink crappie but couldn't even get them to bite today. Very odd...

On the way out there was NOONE at the fish cleaning station.

It was a beautiful day for a drive and I saw several deer and turkey on the way up and back.

Hope everyone else had some luck. This has been my worst year fishing since 1997......maybe next year. :wave:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Sorry to hear that caf4.

Historicaly the first cold front in the month of Sept has been a killer for the crappie bite in my experience.

I was thinking about going today, but thought better of it just because of past experience. As long as this wind stays in the norf, the fishings gonna suck.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well DSG....I guess I will have to concentrate on football and deer hunting for awhile.

Still could use a few more fillets to get us through to next April so I may have to try some of that October/November bluff fishing at Stockton.

Did you move up north yet?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
caf4. I will have no fillets left as of Friday. :) Just gonna have to go buy some to get through the winter I guess.

In answer to your last question. No. But I am making a trip there tomorrow to work out details. :cheers:

G

·
Went to LOZ fishes at night Caught 15 thursday and 15 friday night, fried fish sat and Caught 11 Sat and 15 Sunday, 12-20' deep on jigs. Boat traffic wasn't bad thur-sat but Sunday every idiot had to take one last night cruise. Lake wasn't calm till after midnight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.