MTL Anyone????

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by caf4, Apr 18, 2006.

1. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    May be heading up to MTL to see what the crappie are doing up there this coming Saturday.

Anyone else going that way? Already been?

2. doepee

doepee Senior Member

Sep 17, 2004
    STL
    Was up last w/e. We were told the fishing was great and catching a lot bigger ones this year. We only ended up with a couple crappie about 9-10". Caught them right on the bank using minnows. Good luck!

3. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    caf4 was up there today mushroom hunting found about a hundred of the yellers,stop by elk fork ramp for yah, and talked to four or five guys.they wasn't havn't any luck at all two boats had lines out for flattys and the other guys were crappie fishin.as i was shroomin i looked over some coves that generally hot with boats this time of year but only seen one.so they either wasn't biting or they wasn't where the fish were.talked to a buddy this evening who was at the other end of the lake he caught three crappie and a bunch of mushrooms.maybe it will change by weekend but if you don't catch any fish you should at least find some mushrooms:wave:

4. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    We're suppose to be up there doing some work.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin thinks thats funny.Work! Yea right!

5. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    coyotehunter....care to share any of your shroom spots/tips with me?

I may just go Saturday and try a little crappie fishing and a little shroomin....

6. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    i'd say i would meet up with you and do a little shroomin,but i'm gonna head up to atlanta to set up turkey camp and check out the schrooms up there. i found everything within a hundred yard of the lake.just inside the woods line ,couldn't find anything deep in the woods for some reason yet.i was around a elk fork ramp yesterday.on the gentle slopes not the ridges.i don't know how familiar you are with the lake,but if you put in at south fork and go up brush creek and get into the gentle slopes and coves.i'm sure you would find some.it doesn't get alot of foot traffic because it is kinda hard to get to.but well worth it.maybe we can hook up and do some schroomin in the next couple a weeks,but boy we need some for them to pop.

7. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Sounds like a plan...

I usually do put in at South Fork ramp and go north out of there and kind of fish within a couple miles of the bridge.

Where is this Brush Creek?

8. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    brush creek is south and west of the south fork ramp.but when your fishing north under the bridge hang on the left side of the lake till it starts sloping out. about when you can see the ramp on u.its not shabby in there also.or keep going and go up middle fork real good there to,kinda hard to pinpoint a spot.