Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

MTL, 7/28/19

1439 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  caf4
Hadn't been fishing since April due to all the high water on the lakes and other stuff going on in my life but decided to try MTL yesterday after reading a report on another site that seemed to fit how/where I like to fish. Took 5 hours but ended up with a nice limit of mostly 10-12" crappie with a white bass kicker. One of my best trips to MTL in years as usually just finding 1 crappie over 10" is a challenge. Didn't catch all that many short fish either. Very enjoyable outing.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Hadn't been fishing since April due to all the high water on the lakes and other stuff going on in my life but decided to try MTL yesterday after reading a report on another site that seemed to fit how/where I like to fish. Took 5 hours but ended up with a nice limit of mostly 10-12" crappie with a white bass kicker. One of my best trips to MTL in years as usually just finding 1 crappie over 10" is a challenge. Didn't catch all that many short fish either. Very enjoyable outing.
Good job Craig. How you been?
Reactions: 1
Nicely done :clap:
Looks like the makings of a very nice meal. Congratulations.
Good job Craig. How you been?
Pretty good...how about you? Do you own the whole county out there yet?
Not yet but we have added some more since we talked last time. Plenty of room to deer and turkey hunt. We're doing pretty good too and being retired is great.
Heading up next week. Any tips on where to find them? Good eating there
Not yet but we have added some more since we talked last time. Plenty of room to deer and turkey hunt. We're doing pretty good too and being retired is great.
With the rate I am losing hunting access, I may have to but you for a corner somewhere...have a great season!
Heading up next week. Any tips on where to find them? Good eating there
Outside edge of trees on bluffs....prefer a few scattered trees to tons of trees.
Trees on river chanels
Crappie masters was there last weekend winner was 9.78 out of 7 fish and big fish was 1.74
Crappie masters was there last weekend winner was 9.78 out of 7 fish and big fish was 1.74
I saw that....figured the winners were turning in 7 13-15 inch fish...
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.