Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took daughter #2 up to Mark Twain Lake this past Saturday. We put in at South Fork and began fishing at 10:00 am. By 3:30 I had a limit of 9 to 11" crappie with most right around the 10" mark. Not monsters by any stretch of the imagination but the first time since 2002 that I have had any kind of luck getting decent sized fish in quantity out of there. Cyndi managed 6 herself and fished hard all day.

We cleaned them at a new fish cleaning station...at the recommendation of our old friend Larry Douglas...off of Hwy 107. There were a LOT of crappie being cleaned at that station and several were of the same size we had which surprised me.

Looks like it may be a good year at MTL.

Oh....I also learned a new technique/location....but I ain't sharing... :wave:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DSG...no pictures were taken...we were battling a few rain showers when we got out

Rebelcj7...the new location was a tweak off of a spot someone on here mentioned and a conversation with a guy at a fish cleaning station a couple of years ago. Just kind of combined them together. Would have never fished a spot like that on my own but it did pay off. Bottom line...fish where noone else is fishing or where noone else is likely to fish.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Dont ya just love it when a plan comes together :cheers:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Originally posted by caf4
Rebelcj7...the new location was a tweak off of a spot someone on here mentioned and a conversation with a guy at a fish cleaning station a couple of years ago. Just kind of combined them together. Would have never fished a spot like that on my own but it did pay off. Bottom line...fish where noone else is fishing or where noone else is likely to fish.
I wasa jus givin ya a hard time bro.. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.