Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife finally got an afternoon free to hit the stand yesterday afternoon. We got set up in our stand around 230. Nothing happened until I tipped the can call at 4pm, and immediately there were 2 young bucks that stepped out into the corn field. They put on quite a show for us! The bigger of the 2 had his ears pinned back and hackle raised, side stepping towards the smaller buck. No fight, just posturing...pretty cool show!!! I hit the VECtor grunter, and they went on thier merry way...lol!!! I waited 15 minutes, then tipped the can again, and got pretty aggressive with the VECtor grunter. Wasn't just a minute later, here came a nice buck!!! Brenda had to turn in her stand to shoot to the right, and the buck heard her clothes against the tree. He had us pegged for a bit, but decided all was well and started walking again. I mouth grunted to stop him, and she let him have it with the 243. He ran about 75 yds and piled up!!! Her first deer ever, and what a start!!! She even field dressed him, did a heckuva job!!! The Big Grin would like her, eh!!! And no, I didn't make her wear the Elmer Fudd hat, she said it kept her ears warm!!!

[file]80524[/file]

[file]80526[/file]

[file]80528[/file]

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
71,430 Posts
Very nice Congrats to her Brad!:2thumbsup:

Is that nicer than anything you've taken this year.....:thinking:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Great story Brad and WTG Brenda!:cheers::cheers::cheers: I like that hat too.:D Oh and a dandy buck!:eek::

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[rquote=1482480&tid=103656&author=callaojoe]Very nice Congrats to her Brad!:2thumbsup:

Is that nicer than anything you've taken this year.....:thinking:[/rquote]

Well, hers does have both sides fairly even, where both of mine are lopsided...lol!!!:wave:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[rquote=1482483&tid=103656&author=Mailman]Love the split browe tine!!:2thumbsup:

I can tell by the grin you are pleased.....and who wouldn't be.

Would you say about a 3.5 yr old?

:eek::[/rquote]

My guess is 2 1/2, MM. Corn fed up here!!!:cheers::wave:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.